'PATH' and Environment Variables

Started by jsantos, June 28, 2007, 03:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsantos

Question...   

If I create a PATH environment variable within RadASM, or within the .ini file for the respective currently set assembler, does it OVERwrite the current Operating System PATH variable, or is this PATH environment variable in RadASM internally separate from the OS' PATH environment variable?

Thanks in advance!

- Joscci -

KetilO

Hi Joscci

Setting the PATH variable in RadASM only affects RadASM. You can choose if you want to add paths to the existing variable by adding a ; at the end.

KetilO

jsantos

Quote from: KetilO on June 28, 2007, 04:49:26 AM
Hi Joscci

Setting the PATH variable in RadASM only affects RadASM. You can choose if you want to add paths to the existing variable by adding a ; at the end.

KetilO

Hello Ketil...  thanks for the reply.  :bg

So, I'm a bit confused as to the correct syntax...  which of the following is the correct way of specifying paths within a single variable?  Is the comma-delimiter legal?  I think I recall seeing it somewhere, but I don't remember were...  I think it was in the original masm.ini fiile -- is there a difference between the two methods shown below?

1=PATH, $R\foo, $R\bar, $R\foobar

...or...

1=PATH, $R\foo; $R\bar; $R\foobar

Thanks in advance.

KetilO

The second is the correct syntax, except you cant use $R. Only full paths can be given.

KetilO

jsantos

Quote from: KetilO on June 28, 2007, 02:58:35 PM
The second is the correct syntax, except you cant use $R. Only full paths can be given.

KetilO

Ah!  that explains why I was having problems in places.

Thanks for clarifying this.