MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Older MASM?

Started by stormchaser, April 28, 2006, 10:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenkey

Quote from: stormchaser on April 29, 2006, 01:06:38 AM
D'OH! It turns out it was written in 2005, and the author was born in 1962(or at least that's what it looks like)

So you're looking at a book with GAS syntax for the x86/Pentium machines.
That's what Randy Hyde's web site mentions in one of his articles about various flavors of assemblers.
A programming language is low level when its programs require attention to the irrelevant.
Alan Perlis, Epigram #8

avinav4u

hey are there any unisys manuals available on the net on meta assembler thats run on unisys mainframe.
any kind of tutorials or help manuals...

Ratch

avinav4u,

Damn, I never expected to hear of a request like yours.  I used to use MASM (Meta-Assembler) daily when I worked for Unisys 16 years ago.  It was called a meta assembler because it could emulate instructions of other CPUs besides its native mainframe.  It could even change its output for different word sizes, for instance a 19 bit word if such a CPU existed.  It had lots of other features not found in MS's MASM too.  Why can't you find it with a simple Google search?  The link is below.  Ratch

http://192.61.3.24/cfapps/inforep/topic_pr.cfm?ID=32

PS, here is a quote from the site.

QuoteMASM is not limited to generating code for a particular hardware architecture even though the predefined OS 2200 instruction set is loaded when the MASM processor is loaded. With the built-in directives and functions, you can define the instruction set and useful directives for any hardware architecture, if the output of MASM (OS 2200 relocatable binary or object module format) can be converted to a form acceptable to the operating system on the alternate architecture.