MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Image Editor Test (03-08-2005)

Started by Ewayne, March 08, 2005, 10:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewayne

Hi Paul,

Thats about the way it looks on my three systems.

Just for you I will put the minimize box back on.

Do you find the program useful?

For the folks that need to change the fonts some good choices are:

MS Sans Serif
Tahoma
Arial

Thanks,

Ewayne

pbrennick

Ewayne,
Yes I do, it will satisfy a need, in my opinion.  Currently, in order to do some of the things I want to do, I have to resort to PSP.  This is a far better solution.

BTW:  I do not want to start a war of words, but I suspect that some of theproblems that people are having are caused because they have played with their system settings.  At least one person has virtually the same adapter as I have and it does not look good.  See what I mean?  How else can it be explained.

And thank you for the minimize button.  I really appreciate it.
Paul

Ewayne

Hi Paul,

Hopefully for those folks that change their system settings they can still use the program,
if not I will need some additional information.

If you can think of anything you would like added let me know.

After most of the bugs are out you will be able to go to my web site and get the source.

You can go to the first post of this thread for the min update.

Thanks,

Ewayne

MichaelW

Thanks Ewayne,

The default small fonts are now easy to read. The only other visual flaw I have noticed is that the Type list clips the "p" on "Bitmap".

eschew obfuscation

Ewayne

Hi MichaelW,

Try changing the medium font (Font MD) to Tahoma or MS Sans Serif.

Thanks,

Ewayne

pbrennick

Ewayne,
This is just a curiousity type question.  What is up with those blank buttons in the tool window?

Paul

MichaelW

Setting Font MD to MS Sans Serif made the problem worse, but setting it to Tahoma worked OK.

eschew obfuscation

Ewayne

Hi Paul,

Well nothing right now, but there might be something for them in the future when I learn
more about graphics.

But then again there is only so much you can do with a maximum of 48x48 pixel canvas.

Ewayne

Ewayne

Hi MichaelW,

I'm glad it worked, you do know that you can set the font smaller then what the size shows in the font dialog.

Ewayne

LeXTeRiTY_X

Looks great so far.

The drawing board at the moment scrambles up on this computer. I've attached a screenshot the the end of this message.
If it helps, I'm currently using Windows 98SE.

It will be great to see this project to get ahead! :U

-X

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ewayne

Hi Sam,

Strange problem you have there..

Does this happen when you first load the program?
If it does it looks like the memory is not being set for the blank bitmap.

Does it happen when you load an image?

Have you tried changing the canvas size, if so is the problem still there?

Let me know.

You can go to the first post on this thread for an update, I've added shapes and some other things.

Thanks,

Ewayne

LeXTeRiTY_X

Hi Ewayne,

Thanks for the update.

The pattern in the canvas concerning Windows98SE only appears when the app first starts or File -> New is used. Once the pattern is there, using the pen or line tool, resizing the canvas or modifying it in any way only changes the canvas to some other pattern.

It does, however, work when a resource is loaded through File -> Open.... After that it works fine (drawing tools work, the canvas can be resized - in all, the canvas then works).

I've tested it in Win2KPro now and it works fine. It looks great. :U

-X

Ewayne

Hi HuMaX,

I did not find it that difficult, and I might in the future do a full scale image editor.

I will be postiing the source for the ImgEdit on my web site soon, if that will help.

Thanks,

Ewayne

taianmonkey

Ewayne:
     Could you share your source code ?
     thanks a lot!