News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

text position

Started by jckl, April 14, 2007, 08:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jckl

in the sequence that does not work it has 00 after the E at the end. I believe this is always the same so is there a way i can find this point? I am not sure exactly how to do it but if i use that last function it shows the weapons and values and the last thing it shows is first items id. What i was thinking is a way to test if the string has WPN_ in it or if it has -1. If it does not then we know its the end and the start of the items. If thats not a good idea is there a way to detect it by that last 00.

MichaelW

Based on your statement that you are not worried about converting the weapons, I intended that you take the offset returned by my code, scan forwards to the next null byte, and add 9 to get the offset of the first item. This will work for all of the samples.
eschew obfuscation

jckl

aww i missed that.. Thank you ill test it over and over with more and more files. For some reason i cant get any of these console apps to run but by creating a function in my app it works. They actually do run but i get nothing returned and they dont close. Anyways thanks for all the examples and help. I now have more grounds to play and learn.