News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

uuid.lib error!?

Started by bacchus, April 03, 2007, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacchus

hi .. i am very new to that forum. i hope i read the rulez right :P...

i have a little problem with hitchhikers OpenGL-Framework, maybee someone can help..
- i installed masm32 v9 on my primary c:\masm32
- copied the Examples + Media directories with contens to c:\masm32\
- i corrected/rooted the path to system include- and librarie-files in Framework file
- okay, everything seems fine...

^^ but i get a myteroius linkerror ... that says cant open uuid.lib - why the hell?
after adding uiid.inc and uiid.lib to framework, everything is fine .. but the code
(i used base.asm for test-purposes) crashes everytime when i try to use opengl-code
cant figure out what the problem is... by the way ... i code now for more than 14 years
8 years on the good old amiga, 4 years on win32 and the rest of time masm32 + opengl...

maybee someone can help or give me a hint how to install hitchhikers OGL-framework right  :dazzled:

PBrennick

bacchus,
The uuid.lib contains static code and is almost 1.5 million bytes so that is why you are getting crashes. The uuid set in GeneSys works correctly. The two files, compressed, are over 325 thousand bytes so I cannot post it here. I will need to email it to you.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

bacchus

thank you for quick help ... do use the ogl-framework? i use the preinstalled files in masm32 bundle - maybee i have to update some inc and lib files?

PBrennick

No, you need to get the ones from GeneSys. Send an email to Paul Brennick and I will send you the files. That particular library is not often used by members of this board so it must have slipped through the cracks. Hutch will see these posts and will take care of it quickly, I am sure.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website