News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GetOpenFileName question

Started by dougiem, February 08, 2005, 08:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiem

I am trying to get the dialog box to open up at certain position within my window. No mater what ofn.hWndOwner I use the box allways opens 0,0 client of my main window. Am I missing something?  I've tried to use a OFNHook callback to SetWindowPosition, although this works, I loose the cursor resize functionality. Thanks in advance.
DougieM.

pbrennick

dougiem,
Have you tried MoveWindow?

Paul

Peterpan

Quote from: dougiem on February 08, 2005, 08:56:49 PM
I've tried to use a OFNHook callback to SetWindowPosition, although this works, I loose the cursor resize functionality

Did you put "OFN_EXPLORER or OFN_ENABLESIZING or OFN_ENABLEHOOK" for the Flags ?

dougiem

I cant find any reference to "OFN_ENABLESIZING" although that sounds like what I need! Do you have the number ?
I did try MoveWindow with same results.
DougieM.

Peterpan

I have it in Windows.inc, maybe I add it myself  :eek
Anyway,  OFN_ENABLESIZING = 00800000h

:U

pbrennick

Unfortunately, that equate and a lot of others have disappeared in the latest windows.inc, I would recommend that you start saving all versions of windows.inc because I think Hutch has lost control of it.  That equate was in two previous versions of windows.inc

Paul

dougiem

OFN_ENABLESIZING = 00800000h was the answer  :clap: Thanks.
DougieM

Peterpan

pbrennick,

I understood how difficult it is for Hutch to maintain MASM package.

I did hundreds modification to windows.inc, macros, and also added my own include files ( I think everyone did the same thing :bg ). These itself gave me a hard time to remember what have I done. Obvisously, my work is a very small, tiny pieces, and cannnot be compared to what Hutch have done. So it is fully understandable, if sometimes, Hutch loosing control.

Whatever it is Hutch has done a REAL GREAT JOB !!!  Same thing has been done by all the moderators in this forum. This is all a WORK OF ARTS
:U  :U  :U

dougiem
Glad it solved your problem  :lol