MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

MsgParam Addin

Started by Alex.B, March 21, 2007, 10:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex.B

Hi.

This addin should decrease ALT+TAB-ing to MSDN.
It displays information about the wParam and lParam parameters of message-dispatching functions and adds auto - complete for constant values of the two parameters.
I've tested it with FASM, MASM and C syntax.
It supports the functions: SendMessage, SendDlgItemMessage, DefFrameProc, DefWindowProc, DefMDIChildProc ,DefDlgProc,PostMessage.

The package contains the addin, the help file for it, a readme, and the msgparams.msg file which has the information about message parameters and constants.

Download here: Version 1.0.2

Hope you find the addin useful. Your comments are welcomed.

Still not sure what the addin actually does? A pic may help:

KetilO

Hi Alex.B

A truly great addin. Should speed up programming a lot.

KetilO

Immortal_One

Hmm, doesn't seem to work on 98se ::) :'(

Alex.B

Hi Immortal_One.

Thanks for reporting. Try it out now. I've tested it with Windows 98se and the very recent Windows 95 OSR2.

New version 1.0.1.
       - Bugfix: Fixed compatibility issues with Windows 9x.
       - Bugfix: Fixed a bug that permitted both the addin's autocomplete
             and RadASM's autocomplete to be visible simultaneously.
       - Bugfix: Fixed a small bug that falsely recognized the message
             name.

Immortal_One

Hi Alex.B

Good work :bg :U

Alex.B

New version 1.0.2
       - Bugfix: Fixed a bug that caused the autocomplete listbox to
             auttomatically get smaller on each startup.

scalbaza

hy
I get an error when  MsgParam.dll is loaded at startup .: Cannot open the file ".....\MsgParam.dll"

I have an AMD x64 processor with  XP SP2. I don't get this error with an x86 processor

Alex.B

Hi scalbaza.

I don't have a x64 processor, so I can't be certain of what is causing the problem.
I have attached an archive containing 3 different versions of the DLL that may work. Please replace MsgParam.dll in the addin directory with each of them and see which ones work on x64.

[attachment deleted by admin]

scalbaza

Quote from: Alex.B on July 04, 2007, 11:44:00 AM
Hi scalbaza.

I don't have a x64 processor, so I can't be certain of what is causing the problem.
I have attached an archive containing 3 different versions of the DLL that may work. Please replace MsgParam.dll in the addin directory with each of them and see which ones work on x64.

Thanks ... all of them dll's work.. but if i put the old dll i get the same problem.... i've attached the troublesome dll... it's the dll that comes in the zip archive from http://radasm.assembler.ca/

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex.B

Thanks for testing. Indeed the old DLL could have not loaded on some OSs. I've updated the DLL in the 1.0.2 package so that now there should be no problems. Download it from the first post of this thread and install it over the previous version.

sebart7

Hi
I do use Windows XP SP2, and Your plugin (1.0.1) did work good,
but after some auto-update of windows, it stop working and RAD_ide shows MsgParam.dll cannot be loaded error.
After i downloaded Your MsgParam 1.0.2 and exchange it with old 1.0.1 it work back again.
Thank You.  :bg
Great job  :U