News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

About Box

Started by donkey, February 06, 2005, 08:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

I was recently asked for the About Box code from TBPaint. Now,I had thought that I had posted it already but a quick perusal shows that I was mistaken. So, here it is for anyone that might want it or just like to take a look at it. It is fairly simple to follow and is general purpose enough to use in any application. Feel free to use it anyway you like...

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Jibz

Nice work :U.

One little issue though -- if I press the down arrow on the scrollbar, the about dialog disappears, and the main program is locked (the button disappears, no reaction to trying to close it). Running Win2K.

Edit: I tried under Win98SE with the same result.

donkey

That is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. The scroll button just sends the program into an endless loop, sending WM_COMMAND over and over again for ever. I really hate flat scrollbars, they have the quirkiest, buggiest behavior I have ever seen, if I published a control that bad I would be ashamed...
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Fixed it by ignoring the buttons, they seem to send a WM_COMMAND directly to the parent window with the same ID as the edit control they are attached to. A very annoying "feature" of FSBs I guess.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Hi All,

Another scrollbar problem. As pbrennick pointed out if you held down the scroll button past the end of the timer it would cause the about box to hang. Sometimes you have to wonder about why you choose a particular control. Anyway the solution was to release the mouse capture prior to sending the quit message using a WM_CANCELMODE.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

pbrennick

Hi All,
The attached zip is a conversion of Donkey's About Box to masm32 syntax.  It is, as far as I can tell, a completed work, but I must report that it is a bit 'touchy' in terms of the contents of szVersion for some reason.  The current string in that declaration works, but be warned that some changes in this declaration will cause a crash when the email link is clicked.  I suspect that there is some problem in the code that builds the Subject field, but I was unable to make it work with any degree of success.

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Relvinian

Paul,

Unless my eyes are mistaken, your attachment doesn't have the source. Just the resource files.

Relvinian

pbrennick

Relvinian,
The source is embedded in the batch file.

Paul