News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

The most basic of help

Started by jakevoytko, February 06, 2005, 01:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakevoytko

I am new to MASM, and am having trouble running it. Whenever I attempt to "Assemble ASM File" from the "Project" tab, MASM attempts to assemble "c:\Documents.asm" regardless of what file I have opened in the editor, and regardless of whether there is a c:\Documents.asm. Is there a setting that I have to change somewhere, or do I have to invoke the compiler from the command line?

pmpnfrsh

hey sup sup

>> make sure the file is in a dir w/ out spaces i.e. "c:\masm32\project.asm"

>> from the project menu, use  "ASSEMBLE & LINK", instead of "Assemble ASM File"

i am also very new to this compiler (and to using windows), so if that dosnt work then i can't really help u...

raymond

Quote from: jakevoytko on February 06, 2005, 01:57:14 AM
I am new to MASM, and am having trouble running it. Whenever I attempt to "Assemble ASM File" from the "Project" tab, MASM attempts to assemble "c:\Documents.asm" regardless of what file I have opened in the editor, and regardless of whether there is a c:\Documents.asm. Is there a setting that I have to change somewhere, or do I have to invoke the compiler from the command line?

You should mention which editor you are using. Otherwise, it's very difficult to guide you. There are numerous editors available for ASM programmers and each one is different from the others.

Raymond

When you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

jakevoytko

Quote from: pmpnfrsh on February 06, 2005, 03:24:20 AM
hey sup sup

>> make sure the file is in a dir w/ out spaces i.e. "c:\masm32\project.asm"

>> from the project menu, use  "ASSEMBLE & LINK", instead of "Assemble ASM File"

i am also very new to this compiler (and to using windows), so if that dosnt work then i can't really help u...

Thank you very much.. moving my coding folder to a path without a space fixed the matter

pmpnfrsh