News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Hi

Started by Yevgeny, February 05, 2005, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yevgeny

Hey I am new here   :dance: and I have a question. I have recently srartde studying assemblre and I am looking for a program that I would be able to write in and implement my programs (and preferably she would find my syntactic mistakes). Does anyone has a link?  ::)  Any help will be appreciated

Ghirai

MASM32 Project/RadASM mirror - http://ghirai.com/hutch/mmi.html

GregL

dev_zero

I'm also using RadASM and it's simply a great program.. :D

Yevgeny

Hey thank you, guys.
I've downloaded RadASM and now trying to run a program:

data segment
print DB 'hi$'
data ends

code segment
assume ds:data,cs:code
START:
   MOV AX,data
   MOV ds,ax

LEA DX,print
   MOV AH,09
   INT 21h

MOV ah,4ch
   int 21h
code ends
end start
---------------------------------------
That's what I wrote there to check it but i get a message box "IDC_BTN" and I have no idea what all this is about. Could you please help me out ? What should I do?

Yevgeny

It messages me that there's something wrong about the expression "MOV AX,data" and smth about the "start" and i don't wknow what it is.

pbrennick

Yevgeny,
Radasm is used to build win32 applications.  Your example is not a win32 application and since segment is not an accepted keyword by the win32 assembler, data is undefined leading to the error you are reporting.  Also, interrupts are not allowed in win32 applications.  I would suggest you read some of the tutorials and help files.

Paul

Yevgeny

Oops...I thought it's a program for assembler programming... :eek
If so, could anyone suggest me a program for assmebler like TASM or MASM.Actually i downloaded MASM but what shuold I do in order to program? Thanks

pbrennick

Yevgeny,
Take a look in 16 Bit DOS Programming in this forum.  It will lead you in the right direction.  Also, you can find a link there to download a 16 Bit DOS Linker.

DOS programming is on the way out.  You should study and learn how to do win32 programmming using Radasm (a good choice, there are others)  Actually, chances are, you downloaded masm32, not masm.

Paul

Yevgeny

That's not a matter of choice what to learn. I am a junior and I've recently started STUDYING assembler and soon i am gonna have a matriculation exam. So I just want to get used to the language and obviate making mistakes.