News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

64-bit MASM assembler/linker

Started by thomas_remkus, January 20, 2007, 11:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas_remkus

Is there a 64-bit MASM? or can we use the compiler from the latest Visual Studio?

stanhebben

I don't know if there is an masm version that can handle 64-bit code, but GoAsm does.

Ehtyar

ml64 can be found in Visual C++ 2005. Beyond that, I'm not sure where you'd find a copy.

Ehtyar.

GregL

Quote from: Ehtyarml64 can be found in Visual C++ 2005

ml.exe and ml64.exe are only included in Visual Studio 2005 Professional or better.

GregL

Merrick,

What I was getting at is it that ML.EXE or ML64.EXE are not included Visual Studio 2005 Express or Standard Editions.

You can now get ML.EXE 8.0 from that download, but the download version can only be used for non-commercial purposes.

GregL

moved to the Workshop

P1

The ML64 is all but brian dead.  We pleaded with the developers to include the features of ML.  There is a post around here where we discussed the 'features' of ML64.

ML64 was intended to do basic code for drivers.  You can't really do much with it.

Regards,  P1   :8)

Merrick

I belive that ml64.exe can also be obtained in the Windows Server 2003 DDK and the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK.

Can someone confirm/deny that?

sinsi

Yep, found it in C:\WINDDK\3790.1830\bin\win64\x86\amd64\

[later] and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin\win64\x86\AMD64
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

stanhebben