MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

drag and drop and child dialogs

Started by Shantanu Gadgil, January 03, 2007, 06:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantanu Gadgil

Hello,
I checked out the drag and drop examples and wanted to use it in bit different way, but the following is not working.

The standard example; where the LISTVIEW (or in my case, a TREEVIEW) is a child of the main window, everything is OK.

But if I have a dialog which loads as a control (DS_CONTROL) in the main window and if this child dialog has a LISTVIEW (or TREEVIEW)
the WM_DROPFILES message is not "caught" by the subclassed proc of the LISTVIEW (or TREEVIEW)

If I do a SetParent on the LISTVIEW (or TREEVIEW) and make it the child of the main window, the WM_DROPFILES starts working.

Anyone faced a similar problem???  :'( Some problem with the window styles?  :dazzled:

I am using the "Dialog as main" type of window as my main window.

Regards,
Shantanu

To ret is human, to jmp divine!

Shantanu Gadgil

Hi again,
I am attaching a stripped down version of the problem scenario. I have realized what is happening.
If the child dialog is "inside" a groupbox, then there's a problem. In the attached sample I have purposely kept the groupbox overlapping the treeview.

Anyone knows for sure what is causing the issue? Something to do with the ZOrder of the treeview or something?

Regards,
Shantanu

[attachment deleted by admin]

six_L

hey,Shantanu Gadgil

i tested it no any problem.
maybe i don't understand the problem.

regards

Shantanu Gadgil

For me the "while dragging" cursors appears only when I am hovering on that portion of the treeview where there is _NO_ overlapping the groupbox.
If I drag on the region where the groupbox and treeview overlap, the cursor turns to the normal cursor.  :( It is as if the groupbox is ON TOP of the treeview.
This is the problem I was explaining.

Regards,
Shantanu

six_L

Quote#define IDD_DIALOG 1000
#define IDC_GRP1 1001
IDD_DIALOG DIALOGEX 6,3,345,213
CAPTION "Dialog As Main"
FONT 8,"MS Sans Serif",0,0
CLASS "DLGCLASS"
STYLE 0x10CF0800
EXSTYLE 0x00000000
BEGIN
  CONTROL "IDC_GRP",IDC_GRP1,"Button",0x50000007,0,0,135,170,0x00000000
END
EXSTYLE WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES
regards

Shantanu Gadgil

Umm...I am confused...are you saying that I should set the WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES style ON for the groupbox?  :( :red
If yes, that doesn't solve my problem

See...the groupbox is supposed to be on the main window.
The treeview which is on the _child_ dialog (NOT on the main window) is supposed to understand that a drag operation is "hovering over" it so that if there is any treeitem under the mouse, its state can be set to hilited.

Regards,
Shantanu

six_L

regards

ramguru

Quote from: Shantanu Gadgil on January 05, 2007, 02:43:53 PM
Hi again,
I am attaching a stripped down version of the problem scenario. I have realized what is happening.
If the child dialog is "inside" a groupbox, then there's a problem. In the attached sample I have purposely kept the groupbox overlapping the treeview.

Anyone knows for sure what is causing the issue? Something to do with the ZOrder of the treeview or something?

Regards,
Shantanu

Of course it has to do with zOrder. Groupbox is a transparent control (because of that you cannot see how it actually overlaps listview), groupbox is actually on top and that part of listview is overlapped

Shantanu Gadgil

I have given up on having a groupbox on the main window, but the problem continues...

Topic continued here...
http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6477.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Shantanu

six_L

QuoteUmm...I am confused...are you saying that I should set the WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES style ON for the groupbox?  Sad redface
If yes, that doesn't solve my problem.

I have given up on having a groupbox on the main window,
[/b]
look at this.

regards