News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Indent - Tab Spaces

Started by ic2, December 30, 2006, 04:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ic2

I am trying to add a controls to a sample editor (RichEdit) i'm reconstructing.  I need to set the INDENT to 4 spaces when I hit the TAB key.  The default is 8 spaces in the editor program and there is no funtion that allow control of this.  I want to include such a funtion but i don't know how. .. 

I did a search and can't find anything about how to do this.  I used the key words INDENT and TAB to do my search at most known Assembler Forums and came up with nothing.

Do anyone know how to do this or can someone provide some links to this type of information?

I also been thinking of how to do it with a macro or manually  which would be very interesting, but that is just a thought for now.

Thanks in advance

MichaelW

Sending the control a EM_SETTABSTOPS message will work for Rich Edit 3.0 and later. The tab width is specified in dialog template units, multiply times four to convert it to character units. AFAIK this message will also work for Windows 2000 and later even when using Rich Edit 1.0, because Rich Edit 1.0 is actually a Rich Edit 3.0 or later emulating a Rich Edit 1.0.

MSDN: About Rich Edit Controls.
eschew obfuscation

ic2