MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Newbie--Could Not Open an Input File error

Started by satpro, October 20, 2010, 04:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satpro

Hi Everyone,

I'm a noob in x86 assembly and am using GoAsm (which seems like the one for me) and EasyCode for the working environment.  This is much more involved than 6502, that's for sure!  Compiling and linking are new to me, as is the concept of resources.  My problem is this:

I have a simple do-nothing window that assembles just fine--the first time.  After running the executable and/or switching tasks I'll get an error that looks like the following.

Compiling resources...
Assembling: winMain
Linking...

Error!
Could not open an input file (c864.RES)
Output file not made

Errors ocurred.

It seems like the error occurs after switching to a different directory, or when switching to another process on the computer and then back to EasyCode.  If I then compile resources directly from the Build menu everything returns to peachy like below.  Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I couldn't find an exact answer searching.

Compiling resources...
Assembling: winMain
Linking...

c864.exe - No error
68096 bytes

c864.exe is in the debug folder.

What in the world am I missing?  It seems like a directory issue but I'm not sure.  Please help.

Thanks,

Bert (glad to be here)

Yuri

It apparently relates more to Easy Code than to GoAsm. Easy Code has its own subforum here. I think it's better to ask there. Easy Code forum.