MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

SFV Generator

Started by Ehtyar, October 05, 2006, 10:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehtyar

Hi Guys.
This is where I'll be posting updates to my SFV Generator Project. This is the first beta posting, the project is not entirely complete, in fact far from it, but i promised in the previous thread that i would have something to show my this evening. Unfortunately in my haste to get something working by now, my code is a complete and utter mess (i picked a bad time to try an IDE) thus it will not be posted with this beta.
Thus far i have completed the ability to generate the SFV files themselves, and add a single line comment ("Generated by %s"). It is NOT directory recursive as of yet, but im hoping once i post the source someone will be gracious enough to help me (a lot) to add that in exchange for a big mention in the about box :P
For the moment, i am on a bug and suggestion hunting mission, thus i am interested in whatever you have to say about this project, though any flaming will be ignored.
KNOWN ISSUES:
*No directory recursion.
*During generation the window is not updated (message loop thread is busy calculating). I intend to make this app multithreaded by my next post, thus this problem will be solved, but you should at least get the guist of how the progress bars so long as you don't take the focus off the dialog for a few seconds.

As of this moment a few features are still entirely uncoded, and their placeholders in the dialog are disabled.
Thanks to a very awesome lib created by ultrano that is no longer availble on the internet (it will be included with the source when it is released) i have already implemented preference saving in the program. It will save your name (if you choose to include one), generation directory, sfv file name and path, and various other preferences (NOTE: This is what the sfv.pref file is for). These are saved when the dialog EXITS, not when they're changed in the dialog, as the system is variable-based.

I guess that's it for now, hope you all like it so far, and don't forget to post your thoughts!!!

Thanks, Ehtyar.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ehtyar

Come on guys, 8 downloads and no comments?...

Draakie

Zip file reports INVALID OR CORRUPT...... :(

Excuse my ignorance - What is a SFV ? and why would you want to generate one.

Thanx
Draakie

[Later] - LOL - ok it's a CRC32 generator thingy... Kewl
Does this code make me look bloated ? (wink)

Shantanu Gadgil

To ret is human, to jmp divine!

Ehtyar

Oh dear, forgot to mention the zip is a rar, the site was down when i tried to post this so i had a few problems and guess i forgot to tag it on the end. Hutch please consider being more lenient with your formats :(

P.S. Thanks shantanu, anyone would think google had died...

trodon

nice one Ehtyar good job  :U

trodon

btw i was look at dissambled code with ida, seems very small code.
can you post source code of program?
thanks