MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Adding Licensing mechanism to Assembler application

Started by en@frrom, November 21, 2006, 01:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

en@frrom

Hello all,

I am new at this forum and a newbie in Assembler. I have an application written in Assembly, and need to apply a licensing mechanism, i.e. the customer cannot run the program before activating a valid license key. The license key should be valid for one client-pc only.

I have no clue how to achieve this, but am sure there are exisitng freeware tools for this...? Any help/tip would be highly appreciated!

Ehtyar

You wish to use free software to place outrageous restrictions on your own...You'll have to forgive us if we are less than forthcoming....

Ehtyar.

PBrennick

en@frrom,
Plus, if you just started to learn assembly... well, you get the drift.

Ehtyar, very well said.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

Tedd

If you have no clue to how to do this, then exactly how good is your application? It's not such a difficult task (making it hack-proof is a different matter..)
And if your app isn't that good, then no-one will want to steal/hack it anyway :P
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.

Ehtyar

Also very well said. Quite disappointing that this kind of question is made as a member's first post.

Ehtyar.

c_07

Usually packers/protectors/licensing software etc. work with the compiled executable, so you should be able to use a generic one. Visit http://programmerstools.org/taxonomy/term/17 for a listing of them

P1

en@frrom,

Welcome Aboard   :U

What you may not realize yet.  Have you ever dis-assembled assembled code?

Then you start wondering what all that works was about.  There are hacks for the run of the mill copy protection on the internet already.  So the best thing is to trust your users, knowing that you get some support issues with copy protection, that gives your software the bad feedback.

Regards,  P1   :8)