MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GoAsm 0.55.13

Started by jorgon, November 01, 2006, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorgon

GoAsm 0.55.13 available from here, mainly deals with these things:-

• For those of you who make code libraries using GoAsm, you may have noticed an occasional problem if you had two consecutive PUSHed strings in the library file's source.  This has now been fixed.
  • There is also a fix for a problem with the {....} brace override method of initialising structure members by name (like in TASM).  I don't think many people use this, because this bug was not reported to me.  I just stumbled across it.

Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)

srod

Thanks.

Your hard work is much appreciated.  :U

bushpilot

donkey

"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Relvinian

Jeremy,

Just trying out your assembler and I have found an initial problem:

if any .ASM file is marked at "read-only", it will not open the file to even try and compile.  Files must not have this attribute for compiling...I use source controlling so 99% of my files have the read-only attrib set.

Relvinian

jorgon

Relvinian

Would you like to try this out for size (attached)?

I believe this may also be an issue for GoRC, which I am looking into.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Relvinian

Jeremy,

The version you attached works just fine with the read-only files I do have...I haven't tried the other .EXE files you have to see if they also work with read-only.

I'm currently in the process of making two version of all my library ASM files...One in MASM format and another in GoASM format...As I get farther or have questions, I'll let you know.

btw, I do have one question while I'm thinking about it:  How do I declare a function without prologue and epilogue (or stack frames).  I know how to do it in MASM but still haven't figured it out yet in GoASM.

Relvinian

jorgon

Relvinian

QuoteHow do I declare a function without prologue and epilogue (or stack frames).

In GoAsm you merely provide a code label, and that is then the beginning of the function.  For example:-

MyFunction:
            ;insert code for the function here
RET

GoRC could not open read-only files either, so I am attaching a version of GoRC which can do this.

[attachment deleted by admin]