News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

MSDN MASM Reference in CHM format

Started by GregL, January 04, 2006, 11:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

I converted the MSDN MASM Reference from Help2 (.hxs) to HTML Help (.chm) format. Use the 'See also:" links at the bottom of the pages for navigation.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MichaelW

Thanks Greg, my hard copy is getting really tired. Now if there were some way to (legally) get the other components from the wire-bound reference that accompanied the commercial versions of MASM, most importantly the Processor reference.

eschew obfuscation

GregL

I updated the file above to include links to the ML Error Messages. They were missing in the previous one. I don't know if it's worth fixing the links to the H2INC Error Messages.

GregL

theCaller

Huston we have problem  :toothy

[attachment deleted by admin]

GregL

theCaller,

What does that mean? If it was text, I could have cut and pasted it, and then translated it with Babel Fish.

Ghirai

It's the "action cancelled" message you receive in IE for example, when the page is not accesible, etc.

A wild guess is that you have a broken link in the chm.
MASM32 Project/RadASM mirror - http://ghirai.com/hutch/mmi.html

GregL

Ghirai,

Thanks. It would be nice to know which link. I haven't run across a broken one myself.

MazeGen

Thanks Greg, it is useful for me :thumbu

GregL

I added a Table of Contents to the CHM file in the first post. Makes navigation easier.

MazeGen

Again thanks :)

Any chance to add x64 directives? I miss them since I work with ML64.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8t163bt0.aspx

ToutEnMasm

marvellous,
                  ToutEnMasm

GregL

MazeGen,

I would have to re-do the whole thing with the newer MSDN version. I am not currently using the 64-bit stuff so the motivation is not there. It was quite a bit of work.

How I did it:

1. Uncompile the VCMASM.HXS file to several HTM files with HXCOMP.EXE which is part of the Help 2 SDK.

2. Use the HTML Help Workshop to build the CHM file from the HTM files, making sure to get all the links correct, and build a Table of Contents by hand.

Here is another way How To Convert MS Help 2.x to MS HH 1.x.

An alternative to using a CHM is to use a Help 2 viewer like H2Viewer and just load the VCMASM.HXS file individually.

I wanted a CHM version to integrate with WinAsm Studio and TextPad.