News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

WM_SYSCOMMAND return codes

Started by msmith, July 22, 2006, 07:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

I was trying to trap SC_MOVE and SC_SIZE today using 0f010h and 0f000h and having no success.

I put a message in the code and found that move returns 0f012h while size returns 0f006h. The other codes I tried (WM_CLOSE etc.) matched windows.inc and winuser.h

I am using XP home version.

zooba

Quote from: MSDNIn WM_SYSCOMMAND messages, the four low-order bits of the wParam parameter are used internally by the system. To obtain the correct result when testing the value of wParam, an application must combine the value 0xFFF0 with the wParam value by using the bitwise AND operator.

Cheers,

Zooba :U

msmith

zooba,

Thanks.

Your quoted text was in the remarks section of my page.

It is unusual though that you cannot take declared constants at face value without processing.

Mike

zooba

Quote from: msmith on July 23, 2006, 01:05:17 AM
Your quoted text was in the remarks section of my page.

It is unusual though that you cannot take declared constants at face value without processing.

That's where it was in mine also. It pays to read the remarks section before using a new API, though in this case it probably should be in the parameter description.

msmith

I have been using that API for over 3 years. All of the other constants that I ever used never had any of the 4 lower bits turned on. Just lucky.. or unlucky depending on how you look at it. No one ever accused MS of consistancy.