MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Getting back into Writing code

Started by lhfmn, July 18, 2006, 03:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lhfmn

Hi,
I used to write a little code, kindof an old hobby of mine that I miss and would like to get back into, its been a couple of years and you would really be suprised how much you lose in that time,  does anybody know where I could find a some info on writing math routines in asm (math is another hobby[yeh I know imma nerd]).  By math routines I don't mean using the mnemonics add, sub, mul, and div I understand the use and syntax of these instructions, the problem is unlike C or Java where writing your more complex algorithms is fairly straight forward I seem to be having a difficult time with these kinds of mathmatics in asm... maybe because I am rusty maybe because I only know the instruction set (I don't use the .if, .else, invoke, and ect I see here... not for any particular reason other than I have a love for typing and checking the zero flag  :wink) or maybe I just need to study more, feel free to be critical.  Thank you for your time.
-Lawrence

Mark Jones

Hi Lawrence, welcome to the forum.

Try taking a look at \masm32\help\fphelp.hlp and fpulib.hlp - those detail some of the more advanced math functions available both in MASM and the MASM32 libraries. And be sure to check out Ray's FPU tutorial at http://www.ray.masmcode.com/

Welcome back, and have fun!
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

lhfmn

Thank you for the link, and the warm welcome I appreciate both.