News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

A Bitmap Editor

Started by Darrel, July 13, 2006, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Changed a few things which introduced a few bad things. Bad things are fixed.

Regards,

Darrel

asmfan

Darrel, i would suggest you to put a "Author" menu item just so we could remember that it was you who made it.
Russia is a weird place

Darrel

Fixed another bad thing (Extract Files from animated *.gif).

I guess I can but an About Menu Item an later.

You can check the properties version info for now ( My name is there)  :8)

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Added a skew option & adjustable color depth.

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Made the interface of creating multiple image files more user-friendly.

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Fixed the problems associated with a color depth <= 256.

Regards,

Darrel

jorgon

This is wonderful!
Thanks Darrel
Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)

PBrennick

Thanks Darrel, at last an editor that does GIF and ICO files. Currently, I have been doing this using two separate programs.  I wonder if you would be willing to add some associations?  CTRL+Z for UNDO for example.  And how about a REDO function?  You would just walk the UNDO chain in reverse.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

Darrel

Paul,

I assume you're talking about accelerator keys and yes I plan on adding them.

I'm glad to hear people are finding it useful.

I'm currerntly working on a problem with the *.png writer.

Regards,

Darrel

six_L

HELLO,Darrel
[image]-->[Resize]
1. zoom out or zoom in the bitmap;
2. zoom out or zoom in the region, no the bitmap.(look at mspaint.exe)
regards

asmrixstar

hi Darrel
Outstanding program well done

Re: the magnify request, imho i think a better idea there would be a 'seperate' magnify window where you just zoom what ever is under the cursor. Ive always prefered this method since you dont have to keep zooming in and out to see the overall effect on the image. Also i think this would be ALOT easier to implement.

Keep up the good work.
I wouldn't be suprised if the source code requests start rolling in ... Its a damn nice program. :U

Darrel

Quote from: six_L on October 06, 2006, 07:01:16 AM
HELLO,Darrel
[image]-->[Resize]
1. zoom out or zoom in the bitmap;
2. zoom out or zoom in the region, no the bitmap.(look at mspaint.exe)

six_L,

I'm not sure I understand your point. You can set the Zoom (does not change bitmap) to 100%, 200%, 400%, or 800%. Resize (changes the bitmap) stretches or shrinks the entire bitmap or a selected region (could be bitmap pasted from the clipboard or a file).

Quote from: asmrixstar on October 06, 2006, 08:29:56 AM
Re: the magnify request, imho i think a better idea there would be a 'seperate' magnify window where you just zoom what ever is under the cursor.

asmrixstar,

I am thinking about adding a small thumbnail view window of what is under the cursor. This could be modified to enable a Zoom of the thumbnail view. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

DarrelĀ  :8)

six_L

Darrel,
the mspaint.jpg is the effect after the original bitmap was resized in mspaint.exe.
the BitmapEditor.jpg is the effect after the original bitmap was resized in your ABitmapEditor.exe.
;-----------------------------
another :
the textinput can't work.

[attachment deleted by admin]
regards

Darrel

six_L,

Correct me if I'm wrong. The mspaint.jpg you changed the "attributes" of the original picture. The BitmapEditor.jpg you "resized" the original picture. In my program Resize is the same as Stretch in mspaint and Attributes is the same as Attributes.

For text input the Zoom level must be 100%. Select the Text Input Button, then draw a rectangle where you want to place text. Click on this rectangle and then type in your text. I may modify my program in the future so the text rectangle automatically recieves the focus.

Please let me know if we are on the same page now.

Regards,

Darrel

six_L

Helllo,Darrel
you'r right. :U
all functions work fine. :U

Thanks you.
regards