News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Away for a bit

Started by donkey, July 01, 2006, 04:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

I will be away for a while as I have accepted a new job offering in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. I am not sure when I will be able to get around to finding a new ISP over there or becoming active again but it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks.

Until then...

Edgar

"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

TNick

OOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKK! We came there, too!!!!!   :thumbu  :thumbu  :thumbu    :clap:

:bg

Vortex

Good luck Edgar, my best wishes for you :U

asmges

Good luck in your job   :clap:

Friendly...AsmGges

DougDarrow

I will be away for a while as I have accepted a new job offering in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. I am not sure when I will be able to get around to finding a new ISP over there or becoming active again but it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks.

Serandipity - I lived in Oroville, WA -- USA -- for five years. If you don't know about it yet, that's on the south end of Lake Osoyoos just over the border from from Osoyoos, BC. My brother is still there and works for the largest cattle rancher remaining in Washington State. His wife owns and operates a small restaurant in Orovillel

Anyway, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL there. Welcome to the Great Northwest!

If (WHEN) you get some time to go touring (and I know how much Canadians love visiting the US) head down ito Oroville and stop into 'Linda's Kitchen' and say "Hi!". It's not hard to find. Just ask anywhere, the town's not that big, everyone knows everyone.

donkey

Hi Doug,

I am in Kelowna finally and I must say it is breathtaking, who would have thought such a place could exist. I plan to get down to the states soon, at least before George imposes the restrictions on Canadians travelling to the US that are due next year I think. I have no trouble getting a passport but I do find it a bit insulting that after nearly 175 years that both Americans and Canadians have travelled unrestricted across their borders that it should suddenly change. It is a shame as I think that my last visit to the US is coming very soon, the same sentiment is seen every where here, the feeling is that the US no longer appreciates the special relationship with us or our common history.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

Edgar,

It comes up nice and clear on Google Earth. A young guy 2 houses down from me is a Canadian and he explained the torrain on the western side of Canada with 2 branches of the Rockies with a plateau between then and the place you are now at appears to be at the bottom end of that plateau.

If it gets too hard to holiday in the US, come to OZ, you can lean to say GDAY, get a suntan, explore a BIG country without freezing your ass off (you can get cooked instead) and send a mesage the GW without getting into trouble.  :bg
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

drhowarddrfine

It's everywhere, Edgar.  I'm going to Hawaii next month and I'm not looking forward to the two hour lead time I'll need to get through security just to get to the gate.  Getting into Canada isn't as easy as it used to be either, so I'm told.  The same back and forth with Mexico is going on.  I wouldn't feel insulted (though I would feel insulted, too).  It's just the way things are now with no animosity toward our friends to the north.  I'm wondering how much of this is an overreaction, though.  From what I hear, the pre-crime units seem to be doing a good job.

donkey

Hi Doc,

The problem is that Canada and the US have always had a special relationship due to common history, after all Upper Canada was settled by Americans loyal to Brittain after the revolution and our common bond of aboriginal nations is a thread that is sewn deep. The Bush policy of attempting to alienate Canada, something that he has pursued since we refused to participate in Iraq, has prompted a lot of people here to just skip the US on vacation plans. It is a shame since Canadians make up a huge part of the tourists visiting the US each year and an already ailing tourism industry will suffer that much more. For myself, given that we are more and more feeling unwelcome by the feds there I will just go somewhere else, Yes Hutch, maybe Oz next time.

Kelowna is freaking gorgeous, the weather is perfect, the mountains are beautiful, the lake is warm and pristine, there are beaches everywhere and my job is virtually stress free. I spent much of this past weekend just lying on the beach soaking up the sun.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

P1

Quote from: donkey on July 10, 2006, 07:22:02 PMKelowna is freaking gorgeous, the weather is perfect, the mountains are beautiful, the lake is warm and pristine, there are beaches everywhere and my job is virtually stress free. I spent much of this past weekend just lying on the beach soaking up the sun.
If I were in a bit better position myself, I would forward my resume to you and see if there was a spot for me.  But my wife would not go for it right now.

Regards,  P1  :8)

Bill Cravener

We have a serious bogeyman complex here in the US and the current administration uses it to manipulate the people. Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Mexico, China, and yes even Canada are full of bogeymen. We are constantly warned over and over that we'd better be afraid, we'd better be very, very afraid! It is really sad and shameful what we have become.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat