MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Communicating with an FTP server

Started by inich, June 22, 2006, 08:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inich

Hello All!

By way of background, I am a totally-blind hobbyist programmer, using adaptive technology to use the PC.

I am working on a project, a large part of which involves connecting with an FTP server.  I can make the connection, upload and download files, create and change folders on the server, and delete and rename files on the server.  All this means that it is performing many functions as hoped for.

My question is this:  I believe that when I connect to the server, it may want to send information to me, such as telling me how much of my space is available on the server.  Is there some way of detecting this, and capturing it so that I can display it?

I have done a fair amount of searching, and am wondering about a callback routine of some sort.  But callback routines seem to be used for a lot of purposes, none of which quite fit what I'm thinking.  Is there something else that I haven't spotted?

All ideas will be greatly appreciated.

All the best.

Ian

"inich"
Toronto, Canada

James Ladd

inich

Hello James,

Thanks very much for the suggestion.  I've had a quick look at it, and it looks promising, but I'll need a bit of time to digest it.  Since it's already after midnight where I live, it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

thanks again.

Ian

inich
Toronto, Canada