MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

how are asm instructions "saved" in PE?

Started by tommmy77, June 17, 2006, 01:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugen

Quote from: P1 on June 21, 2006, 06:24:57 PM
Experience is about generating answers for yourself. 

I couldnt agree more.

I may have been a little too harsh, but the combination between total ignorance of binary format/opcodes and the desire for 'code injection' was simply too extreme for me, i just had to say something  ::).

tommmy77, good luck with opcodes understanding, and also with code injection understanding, because basically any knowledge is not good or evil, is neutral. Its what you do with that knowledge that is relevant, and especially why you do it.

Eugen

Shantanu Gadgil

Well said Eugen  :clap: :clap:
Quote...any knowledge is not good or evil, is neutral.
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

Mark Jones

Quote from: P1 on June 21, 2006, 06:24:57 PM
Experience is about generating answers for yourself.

Hmm, I think I'll save that in my list of favorite quotes. :U
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Ehtyar

i believe we satisfied the questions of what and why about 10 posts ago :dazzled:, care to move on?  :boohoo:

tommmy77

Ok. First, I do appreciate all critacism. At least now I realise some of the rules of this forum. I promise it will not happan again. Also, why do the words "code inj******" always result in a false assumption? All of you seem to know what it is - and so do I. I know just as much as you all do when it comes to that topic, and nothing more. I first read a tutorial about it and it never stated that it was used for hacking/cra***** purposes. Now I know.

hutch--

Tommy,

If you read my posting, its a problem for admin of having no way of telling if its legal purpose or illegal purpose and for that reason alone the topic will not be allowed in this forum. In this forum there are many people who well know how to write direct binary code but they have learnt it in a context that is far wider than a narrow and suspicious range of interest and this ranges from compiler/assembler design to various binary file formats.

We deliberately shoot first and ask questions later as far too many new members have tried to bypass the forum rules with their pet theories and desire to get help in an area that is not allowed here but with the range of experience of members in this forum, no-one will get away with a stunt of this type as they get picked very quickly and closed down. What I suggested to you is work with us and you will be able to learn many useful things from the very wide number of people who are members here who help out where they can.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

asmfan

Oh, this question is so difficult to discuss indeed! Imagine a software security developer or developer of antiviruses... Do they do bad things? NO. But the deal they do require special knowledge on all what "bad guys" know and use... Is it illegal? Knowledge is absolute, but it is matter how to use the knowledge you have. Should we avoid knowledge like that? I think no. But should we avoid people that use it wrong. YES!
Russia is a weird place

goblin

yes, it's a good idea and code injection is available, but it's too difficult'

[Don't post links to code that is not allowed in this forum] 1st and last warning.

tommmy77

P1

Quote from: tommmy77 on June 29, 2006, 10:54:55 PMalright, my mouth is shut.
But that will not stop you from typing, will it?   :lol

Regards,  P1  :8)