News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

ML 8.0 compatibility issues

Started by ToutEnMasm, June 09, 2006, 06:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwapo

/Zi works on my compiler, I am using the from KMDF though.
Also, probably it's just me, but I find the KMDF (Win2003 DDK) binaries more stable.

-chris

GregL

/Zi with cl.exe works fine for me too. What exactly is the error? Are you compiling from the command-line?

ToutEnMasm

Hello,
I try the two methods.With the The IDE vc ++ and with the command line to know exactly what is the problem.
The install go to the end with no errors and i have followed the instructions to use the SDK.
The SDK was installed before , i intall VC++.
Compiling a c code as asked , i see a message box saying that a package is not loaded and prompt me to use a special option for reload this package.The package isn't named.
I have only a PIII,is it enough ?
The message with the command line is

hello.cpp : fatal error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation
                                     ToutEnMasm

drizz

Try this:

copy mspdbsrv.exe

from

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\

to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\
The truth cannot be learned ... it can only be recognized.

GregL

ToutEnMasm,

I'm running a PIII 1 GHz too. The VC++ 2005 IDE is a bloated pig, but the PIII is adequate.

One thing I found is that if you are compiling from the command line, you need to run vcvars32.bat before compiling or you will get DLL errors. An alternative is to put 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE' in your PATH permanently.

I don't know if this is the problem you are having, but it is something I ran into and sounds similar.

ToutEnMasm

Hello,

OK, Ihave copied the mspdbsrv.exe (with mspdb*.dll) in \ ..\bin and it work.

Thanks,ToutEnMasm