News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Apologies for the outage.

Started by hutch--, May 17, 2006, 03:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

I woke up this morning to a database error, went to the MYSQL administration on the server and could not find the repair database option as the host had changed the interface again. tech support from Lewis Media posted the direct SQL query and it was repaired in a second or so.

LATER : Just as a note, the host I am using has been taken over by another team and apparently there will be major hardware changes coming up. The uptime has been a bit patchy lately and it looks like they are changing things around here and there so there may be more problems as the change is being performed.

If worst comes to worst, i will move the forum to another server in another country which I already have available if I need it to maintain continuity.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

James Ladd

Hutch,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what happened.
These sort of things happen from time to time and Im sure no one sees you as
responsible.

Keep well,

Rgs, James.

Mark Jones

I was hoping some weasel from a competitor's forum hadn't found a way to compromise the SQL layer. :toothy
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

ChrisLeslie

Hutch,

I thought for a while you must have been using CSIRAC, with its 768 word of RAM, for your host!  :P :bg :P :lol
BTW -  CSIRO is still alive and well, except we seem to miss out on enough government funding. Rather than being farmed off to the private sector, we operate much as a private entity. About half our income comes from private contracts. I don't mind Johnny as a PM but there seems to be very little consideration for environmental research. I suppose the state of our farmlands and waterways etc will have to cause more serious immediate financial problems before there is more government concern. In the mean time I do my thing each day.

Regards

Chris