News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

RAGrid Edit Problem

Started by msmith, April 23, 2006, 02:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

After editing a cell, I cannot write to this cell.

I have tried GM_ENDEDIT and GM_ENTEREDIT with a different cell specified. Neither works.

The older version did not have this problem.

KetilO

msmith

Ketil,

Thanks for the quick turnaround... but problem still exists.

Mike

KetilO

Hi

This is what I used to test.
Could you explain in more detail what goes wrong?

KetilO

[attachment deleted by admin]

msmith

Hi Ketil,

Your test would need to use GM_SETCELLDATA to write to a cell that had been selected for edit in order to demonstrate my problem.

Another person here suggested that I describe the problem this way:

After clicking on a cell, the cell no longer responds to a GM_SETCELLDATA until the user selects another cell.

Thanks,

Mike

KetilO

Thanks

There were still a few bugs.
GM_SETCELLDATA will not update the edit control if it is visible.
Hide the edit control with GM_ENDEDIT before using GM_SETCELLDATA

KetilO

[attachment deleted by admin]

msmith

Hi Ketil,

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, I have tried GM_ENDEDIT like you just mentioned and it doesn't help.

Prior to this problem, I hadn't ever used GM_ENDEDIT, so maybe I'm missing something.

Mike

msmith

Hi Ketil,

I now have it working correctly.

In the first post on this thread, I said "The older version did not have this problem." This was not correct.

The reason I thought that was because on my own earlier version I was using GN_AFTERUPDATE. Lately, I have been using GN_BEFOREEDIT because GN_AFTERUPDATE causes an event whether the update was from program activity or user input. I was getting events when the program wrote to a cell, which was spurious for my needs. Therefore, I switched to GN_BEFOREEDIT to solve the problem. What I have just now realized is that this is what has caused the problem of this thread.

I have now switched to GN_AFTERSELCHANGE which seems to solve the problem. This does not require GM_ENDEDIT.

BTW, the reason I liked GN_AFTERUPDATE before I found the other problem (spurious events from program writing to cell) was that it only requires 1 'Enter' for the change to "take".

Anyway, while I'm not crazy about how the user input cell events work, I'm still your biggest fan.

I use RAGrid and, RAEDit every day in my compiler. I use RAEdit for my main text editor. I use the grid for property boxes, style and exstyle boxes, diagnostic reports, and symbol table dumps. I also use Draw Progress and WebBrowser.

I really appreciate your efforts.

Mike