News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

List View arrangement

Started by jckl, May 04, 2006, 08:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBrennick

I have it, now.  I will look at it during lunch.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

jckl

PBrennick

Sorry for the delay, I see the problem.  I will see what is going on, if I can.

Paul

PBrennick

jckl (How come no vowels?),

You are doing this...
     invoke  SetCursor, hFinger
... in this area ...
   .ELSEIF eax==WM_MOUSEMOVE

... You should move it to this area ...
   .ELSEIF eax==WM_LBUTTONDOWN

jckl

That is on my hyperlink subclass. The cursor I want to change if for when your dragging an item in my listview. I made the listview a draglist which I think is my problem. The cursor I dont want is the one that shows that the listview is not accepting droping.

PBrennick

Are you sure?  I will have to take a look again when I get a chance but if I remember correctly it is tied to the MOUSEMOVE event.  That was why I made the suggestion.  You need to switch cursors whenever the button is held down during a drag event.  Unyil you address that problem it probably wont work.

In any case, loading a cursor is loading a resource.  Loaded resources involve memory and that memory needs to be reclaimed when the program is ending.  I do not see a DeleteCursor anywhere.  Take care of that one, also.

About drag and drop and cursors; a nice example of this is Ewayne Wagners File Manager.  You can download it from his website which is http://asmedit.massmind.org/  He uses drag and drop and loads both cursors.  It might be fun to look at.

If you have any other questions ...

Paul