New Website For Free Beginning MASM Source Code

Started by darkwing, April 26, 2006, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwing

Mark Jones

Hi Darkwing... but what if we don't have 1rvine16.inc?

This looks like answers to 16-bit DOS homework questions. I have a feeling the "men in black" will be by shortly to clean this mess up. :lol
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

PBrennick

Mark,
I think you are right.  You gotta love that template code, though!  What a pile of crap.
Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

darkwing

You've both made good points  :clap: and I appreciate your feedback, because I want the site to actually be useful to beginners (and of course I'm monetizing it with Google AdSense).  I must admit, I'm about a year removed from my assembly course and should do some refreshing to help better explain what I posted.  Mark, You are correct, the Irvine16 and Irvine32 libraries are included with a book.  If I remember correctly, these were solutions to problems presented by the instructor.  I could see where this might be an issue, but posting solutions to the book should not be.  Paul, I can see why the template would be a "pile of crap" to anyone but a beginner.  It works great for starting homework solutions, but would need major modification for the real world.  I'll work more on the site based on these suggestions.  Further feedback?

DarkWing

Mark Jones

...but what about the students who are currently using this book? We get questions here all the time from some of these students from all over the world. You're basically giving them the answers...

I think if you want to make an assembler tutorial page, you should do it completely from scratch. Not only will this avoid this problem, but it will also teach you a lot (or refresh your memory as it may be) in the process.

Regards,
Mark
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

darkwing

These are solutions to problems that were presented by the instructor, not the book.  As far as the libraries are concerned, they are included with the book.  I plan on posting my notes from the class, but I'm sure they need some editing.  As I can see, my new site is gaining enough traffic to merit taking on your tutorials suggestion.  Again, thanks for your comments.

DarkWing

arafel

Quote from: darkwing on April 27, 2006, 06:46:33 AM
I can see why the template would be a "pile of crap" to anyone but a beginner.

Are you sure? It does require some practice to actually click on a link without hitting one of those google ads you have there.

darkwing