MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Better Splash Screen??

Started by bloodhound, April 22, 2006, 09:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodhound

If someone could help me come up w/ a better splash screen. the one without the
taskbutton below when it is invoked.. like standard programs.

the one i got to work with my app is from iczelion tuts part of the masm32 package..

tnx :wink

hutch--

Please make a point of not double posting in this forum.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

PBrennick

bloodhound,
This was done by Friedrich in 2003 and meets your request.  The splash also fades in and out which is very cool.  One problem though, the picture should be changed.  I don't care for it.

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

bloodhound

Thanks PBrennick!  :U

I'll try your download

bloodhound

I ran the demo2 app and it doesnt show the splash screen with the sexy devil girl in it, just the main window with the grey backgorund style..  :(

also, i guess im out-of-date with win32 asm.. i dont even have objasm32 (and my MASM version is still 7, i guess y'all using 8?)
will get it but i need a simple example, will do..

But thanks a lot PBRennick, this is a lot of help (when i get used to objects in masm, haha   :P)

Thanks!   :8)

bloodhound

I guess my problem now will be..

How do you launch a window/application without showing its taskwindow in the taskbar???

zooba

Quote from: bloodhound on April 23, 2006, 12:08:44 AM
How do you launch a window/application without showing its taskwindow in the taskbar???

From memory, if you create a window without WS_CAPTION it won't appear in the taskbar. It won't have a non-client bar at the top either though. Have a look at MSDN and play around.

Alternatively, it's possible (and documented in MSDN) to hack the taskbar and add or remove your own buttons using COM. :eek

Cheers,

Zooba :U

bloodhound

OKay, its solve! I didnt find the WS_CAPTION in the source code of the snippet that i got,
so it means its already omitted for the splash screen.

I got cross eyed cause i thought the splash screen has its own on the taskbar and i checked
that its my main window that has the caption

MY FAULT! :dazzled:

PROBLEM SOLVED!  :green2

but the example that i got from PBrennick doesnt seem to work, no splash screen just the window...
anyway thanks! :U

PBrennick

Don't know why it does not work, I use a splash screen with my editor.  It is a DLL.  It is attached.  It does not use ws_caption so I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

EDIT:  The previous attachment listed here was the wrong one.  My profound appologies!

Paul

PBrennick

Finally, before you guys drive me out of here.  This attachment is a comprehensive dealing with splashscreens and comes out of the old forum.

Also, don't forget Iczelion's Tutorial 26.

These examples are all I can find in my archives and I think I have the largest asm archive in the world, how about that!!?!

Paul

bloodhound

PBRennick,

Thanks, this is a BIG HELP!  :clap:

ill check it out..