News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

A snag in the road

Started by MusicalMike, January 04, 2006, 03:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicalMike

QuoteWhy with WizBang I can do anytihing  We can go from a fully functional department of 20 programmers down to 1 programmer and 19 Project Managers its so powerful

LOL.  :bdg Im laughing so hard my gut hurts.

QuoteI am not the best or greatest programmer nor do I know everything!!!
Just remember Zooba, API documentation is your friend.

It sounds like you guys should get togeather and write a book about this stuff. I'd buy it. And in 10 years when I am doing this professionally, I will truely know your pain dealing with a whole bunch of idiots who don't realize, the ability to drag and drop does not equate to being a software archetect, (You can thank those guys at Microshaft, Oh I mean Microsoft, along with VB for that)

Ps. I have no problem with VB, my father uses it. I just don't like how people use something like vb, they get a program to compile after mostly drag and drop all day, and it gives them a false sense of security. They get a big head. Then when the time comes to do something serious, they wonder why they can't get the job done. As for me, I just like terse languages like C.

NPNW

MusicalMike,

C was what I was brought up on. If I didn't have Assembly I would code in C. Even inline assembler is better than no assembler.  :bg

QuoteIt sounds like you guys should get togeather and write a book about this stuff. I'd buy it. And in 10 years when I am doing this professionally, I will truely know your pain dealing with a whole bunch of idiots who don't realize, the ability to drag and drop does not equate to being a software archetect, (You can thank those guys at Microshaft, Oh I mean Microsoft, along with VB for that)

I think you already get the picture. I guess it just takes time to wear off the edges to do what people pay you to do no matter how politically incorrect it is from a programming perspective.

Hopefully you can avoid some of the pitfalls that the older generation, but I wouldn't hold my breath. So long as you know its comeing you may be a little better prepared.

If your father programs in VB he probably has some stories of his own about management. I can see where you get the cynical or is that experienced programmer attitude :U

At the same time relax do other things besides program. Its good to get away from the computer.