News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Need more info!

Started by PD, December 31, 2005, 08:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD

Does anyone know of any more good books to help me learn assembly language? I am already reading Randall Hydes online version but it sort of hurts my eyes staring at the monitor all the time. :dazzled: If anyone can suggest any good books to buy i would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks in advance....

PD

dn5a

Hey
I'm currently learning assembly from "Assembly Language for Intel-Based Computers (4th Edition)" and I think it's a great book,
but there is something I don't like in it. It uses 2 libraries coded by the author which are not found under normal masm32 installation.
Irvine32 and Irvine16 <- partially
It uses old masm615 and textpad/notepad. It's good for people who weren't yet introduced to the beautiful world of low level programming.
I suggest you buy it. I had some problem with it which you can find a few posts below, but otherwise it's good for you I think.
You can buy it here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0130910139/qid=1136090490/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-7661583-7330416?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

PD

dn5a,
Thanks for that, i will take a look at it. The book reviews on the link all seem to praise it so it must be an ok book. I will have to dig around for some more because i think i would need more than one book to learn this language!!! Never known a language so complicated  :toothy thanks again

PD

zooba

Quote from: PD on January 01, 2006, 03:25:08 PM
a language so complicated  :toothy

What? You've never used C before?! :P :lol

Phoenix

Have a look at "The Assembly Programming Masterbook" written by Vlad Pirogov.... IMO its a very good one to get started.

Regards, Phoenix

G`HOST

I started learning assembly in 16 bit but got bored pretty soon,then one fine day i Found masm :bg or masm found me  ::) .
Well i never had any programing experience earliear.(except for batch files which i learned a month earlier to masm).So its been three months in the journey and thanks to masmforum.com for such a wonderful support:thumbu