News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

EasySound library

Started by u, November 13, 2005, 06:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u

A wrapper for DirectSound, aimed to simplify streaming of generated audio data. Has only two funcs, just as many are needed:

invoke EasySound_Start,MyCallback,44100,2,0
invoke EasySound_Stop

Sound is managed/rendered in a new thread, using the "polling" method. 11ms min latency, adjustable at any time via an exported DWORD "EasySound_Latency".

Handles both 16-bit(word) and real4 data.

It's very similar to the ASIO wrapper I posted yesterday, my original intent is to mix these two libs together, for my personal needs.
This time stripped it out of my base.inc SDK, for direct usage by any MASM user, so have fun :)
Please use a smaller graphic in your signature.

gabor

Hello Ultrano!

I am sure when the time comes and my sound generator project reaches that point I will be glad to use this lib. My DSound stuff had some bugs...

Greets, Gábor

u

Nice :D  I'm glad the lib will be useful :) .
Since my first specialty is making sound-generators, maybe I can help from time to time with your project :)
Please use a smaller graphic in your signature.

gabor

Helllo!

I am very glad, I finally found someone interested in sound synthetis.
I have already a vast project (vast for me  :bg ) you can find it on the forum here:
http://www.masmforum.com/simple/index.php?topic=1610.0
It's been quite a lot of time since I made something on that project. But if you are interrested I can send you my concept, idea and later, when I arranged my code, a working version.
Recently I've been busy with my XML parser lib, I need it for this sound generator project as well, because I want to store all the data used by the generator in XML files.

Briefly, my concept is to create 'modules', small sound generator and modifíer units (like oscillators, envelope generators, filters, logical and arithmetical units). This modules are connected to each other to build up a whole network.

What I've done so far is a framework for managing (dynamic creation,destruction, connecting) these modules and the networks. (The network itself is a module making possible to create hierarchical networks.)
About the modules I designed you can read here:
http://members.chello.hu/nemeth.gabor1/hgh/index.html
About 80% of the modules listed in the web page I've already created in a former non MASM32 version.
(I created sequencers as well, and of course one of my first test samples was a Commodore 64 game music :toothy)
This old version had a small parser that interpreted an own text file containing network descriptions.
The new version lacks any user friendly interfaces  :'(, what is working so far is a binary format of the network data. Definitly not easy to use! (That's why XML parsing...)

Ok, this is it. I must tell again, I am very excited about having met someone with ideas and concepts about sound generators. I'm looking forward for your oppinions and suggestions.

Greets, Gábor