News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Web Browser

Started by msmith, February 06, 2006, 11:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

I've been testing the Web Browser component from Ketil, and it works very well except that I cannot figure out how to display local html pages from my C drive.

I noticed that the url for the same file is different on IE and Firefox, so maybe there is a differnt prefix for Ketil's browser.

If a person could look at local html files with this browser, it would be the lowest footprint html reader in the world.

Followup:

I just tried it on my XP machine and it works with the Firefox format just fine.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/USER/My%20Documents/TestFile.html

Thanks again Ketil for another very fine control.

Mark Jones

Quote from: msmith on February 06, 2006, 11:59:12 PM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/USER/My%20Documents/TestFile.html

According to win32.hlp the "file:///" prefix should be the Universal Naming Convention for wide paths. Perhaps Ketil's browser only supports wide paths?
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

zooba

I always thought it was only two forward slahes (ie. file://).

Quote from: msmith on February 06, 2006, 11:59:12 PM
If a person could look at local html files with this browser, it would be the lowest footprint html reader in the world.

Not really. It's identical to Internet Explorer except with less menus. :U

msmith

Hi zooba,

What I was trying to say was that I can add web browser capability to a program (such as html help) for very low _additional_ overhead. Also, it avoids the need to shellexec a browser.

Regards,

Mike

hutch--

What is wrong with HH.EXE. I regularly set it up for other people so they can browse a collection of HTML documents on a local machine.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

msmith

Hi Hutch,

I'm not familiar with HH.EXE, but my main interest in Ketil's web browser control was that I could incorporate it in a program to view html files without calling any other program so that it is seamless to the user.

The only problem is that it "blows up" frequently on Win98 (never on XP).

Mike