Technical Review for Write Great Code

Started by Randall Hyde, November 01, 2005, 11:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Hyde

Hi All,

The second volume of my "Write Great Code" series has had one delay after another, but the publisher is finally getting serious about taking it forward. They're looking for someone to do a technical review of the book. This book involves studying the assembly language output of a HLL compiler (mainly C/C++, but some Pascal/Delphi, too). The book includes both x86 assembly (MASM, Gas, TASM, and HLA) as well as some PowerPC assembly (Gas). Expertise in PPC assembly isn't required, but you should be comfortable with C/C++ and x86 assembly and it would help if you've made a study of compiler output in the past (compilers used in the book include VC++, Borland, and GCC).

If you're interested in this, please email me at rhyde@cs.ucr.edu.
Thanks,
Randy Hyde

OceanJeff32

I would love to!  And I'm great with spell checking, example proofreading.  I read so many of these computer programming and assembly language books...

let me know, I'll send you my address if you want to send me a copy, or PDF files are cool too.!!!

awesome,

jeff c
Any good programmer knows, every large and/or small job, is equally large, to the programmer!

Randall Hyde

Quote from: OceanJeff32 on November 10, 2005, 10:05:43 AM
I would love to!  And I'm great with spell checking, example proofreading.  I read so many of these computer programming and assembly language books...

let me know, I'll send you my address if you want to send me a copy, or PDF files are cool too.!!!

awesome,

jeff c

Well, email me quick.
No Starch Press, which is actually handling this, is picking someone tomorrow (11/15).
Please email me at rhyde@cs.ucr.edu
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

OceanJeff32

Awesome, done.

Thank you Randall.

Jeff C
:U

P.S. I think that would be a nice job, finally get paid to read and review one of these books, plus test everything out!  Not a problem there, my friend!
Any good programmer knows, every large and/or small job, is equally large, to the programmer!