MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

StartBar Version 1.0

Started by Biterider, March 21, 2005, 04:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biterider

P1,
Simple, take the IE6 and your (own written) application and you will see that if you drop a link taken from the IE, it will not be accepted by the app using the approach I'm using or the one described in Example3. Try it with the StartBar.exe or Example3.exe and you will see that you can't drop it.
I know that it is possible to do since as you have seen, all MS-Products accept the dropping of links.

Regards, Biterider

Biterider

Hi Pi!
I think I found the way to do it. I need the OLE implementation of Drag and Drop. Check
this.

Regards,
Biterider

P1

Biterider,

Interesting, very interesting!  Keep us posted on your progress.  There are two different drops:

1.  OLE
2.  The older DDE.

From your link, I noticed this could be a clipboard drop as well.

Regards,  P1  :8)

Biterider

Hi!
I found the solution using the IDropTarget COM interface.  :dance:
StartBar now implements a component with this interface. By this way I get access to the Ole Drag and Drop information (previous RegisterDragDrop registration in the Init method). The clue about IE links is that they are passed in CF_TEXT and not in CF_HDROP format as usual for other files. The IDropTarget.DragEnter interface method shows how to handle each situation using the IDataObject interface.  :8)

I updated the sources on the ObjAsm32 homepage and the .exe file at the first post of this thread.

Regards,

Biterider

P1

Biterider,

Thanks for the Research!   :U   I will look forward to looking at your implementation of the COM interface.

Regards,  P1  :8)

ToutEnMasm

Hello,
Trying to run the samples , i only get errors messages like
Debug center cannot be open

ToutEnMasm

Biterider

Hi
What version are you trying to run?
About DebugCenter, you have to register it before using it. You can do it by running it one time. It registers itself.
If you have compilation problems, then I suggest to rename the old ObjAsm32 folder and reinstall the package.

I hope it helps, if not please tell me!  :wink

Regards,

Biterider