News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Now add a little color!

Started by OceanJeff32, October 01, 2005, 01:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanJeff32

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, but it's fun.

It's a lot like Direct X, only easier if you ask me.

This next example is an upgrade following a tutorial on coloring vertices.  The CSTR calls in the color functions are floats for RED, GREEN, and BLUE. from 0.0 (color off) to 1.0 (color on)

These examples are following a tutorial on gamedev.net, the code is presented on gamedev.net in all languages, but only a few are in assembly.  The framework at Hitch provides on here is much clearer and easier to program within.  So a little code translation has been done, and a few additions of my own for improvement of aesthetic (sp?) value.  Basically, doing this is giving me an understanding of the way OpenGL works.  Awesome fun!

Later,

Jeff C
:U

UPDATE!  The next one, continues the tutorial with rotation.  Note the use of LoadIdentity before implementing each rotation.  Then each one has to be re-translated on the screen.  Then the rotation matrix applied.

UPDATE2: The Pyramid Cube 3D Demo, with matching colors on the corners...yes that takes work! :dazzled:

As Spock or Data would say: Fascinating.

:dazzled:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Any good programmer knows, every large and/or small job, is equally large, to the programmer!

Farabi

Im waiting your camera tutorial.  :green
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"