MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

MenuWOW (customize your menus)

Started by lamer, August 15, 2005, 08:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramguru

OK rc's here http://ramguru.mybesthost.com/menu.txt
BTW how did you set alpha channel of that button. I do know one API (SetLayeredWindowAttributes) that only affects whole window but not only a single child.

lamer

Quote from: ramguru on December 30, 2005, 05:56:08 PM
I do know one API (SetLayeredWindowAttributes) that only affects whole window but not only a single child.
:bg :bg :bg
Indeed.
That's not a child, but popup belongs to other window.
I did not find any way to make a child transparent.

lamer

Hi all!
New upload.
1. Fixed improper parsing separators of menus created by ResEd (for preview window) - thanks to ramguru
2. Added support for "bitmapless" menus - thanks to ramguru for initiative
3. Decimal values in output .RC file replaced with hexadecimal - thanks to ramguru

ramguru

Now RCs look good except those L at the end. IMO you need no Ls
It's hard to tell bad news, but once you fixed one, onother problem came :) take a look http://www.stud.ktu.lt/~ramcvir/miscalc.PNG
If you need project file it's here http://www.stud.ktu.lt/~ramcvir/menu_project.zip

lamer

Quote from: ramguru on January 06, 2006, 01:52:02 PM
It's hard to tell bad news, but once you fixed one, onother problem came :)
Fixed (I hope...)
The road to hell is paved by good intentions :'(
I just wanted the bitmapless menus to look as "usual" menus, without extra space on the left side - but did not check it with all shapes. Thank you.
Quote from: ramguru on January 06, 2006, 01:52:02 PM
IMO you need no Ls
Here is MSDN - about user defined resources
QuoteTo be compatible with 16-bit Windows, integers are stored as WORD values. You can store an integer as a DWORD value by qualifying the integer with the L suffix.

lamer

Hi all!
For those who still uses Win 98 - my apologizes. In the last release, adding transparency, I forgot that SetLayeredWindowAttributes requires at least Win2K.
Fixed in both MenuWOW and MWLib (to all appearances - I have no way to check it on Win 98 - so let me Know) and uploaded.
Thanks to ipadilla

ipadilla

Hi lamer,

MenuWOW is running OK under Windows 98 SE. thank you very much for this up to date.
ipadilla

DC

this isn't daja vu, I'm just learning it for the 37th time
http://www.bmath.net

Jojodi

this is absolutely beautiful lol. Is there any way to estimate how much this will inflate an exe? (I am not home at the moment)

lamer

Jojodi,
1. I hope you are back  :bg
2. The .RC file for MenuWOW menu (obvously created with MenuWOW) takes 3 Kb. You can estimate how much will it take in .exe  :green2
3. The .RC of sample project, which includes 16(!) different schemes takes about 20 Kb.

lamer

No news - good news :bg
I've just moved the link of download area to the top of topic and made some cleaning.

Regards

G`HOST

Hi, lamer
Sorry to inform you that whenever i try to create a new project in
MenuWoW i get this error..
QuoteThis program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down
and when i open an existing example the bitmaps doesnt get loaded.
???
I downloaded the latest version,and had the same problem with the previous version which i downloaded a few months back.
I am runing on "win98"
Can you help me out.

lamer

Hi, G`HOST!
I run out of time at the work now - I'll try to look into the problem when I'll have any pause. As I've mentioned yet, I have no Win98 to test, so it will be very helpfull if you will send me more details (i.e. - what did you do exactly, what button is clicked etc. May be some screenshots). You can just send it as message if you want.

Regards

G`HOST

Hey lamer,
Here goes..

Problem 1.
Image one - The "New project" Dialogbox..

Now after clicking "OK" here is what i get..

Problem 2-Open Project
Image 1.

after clicking "open" in open dialogbox..

lamer

Hi, G`HOST!
As for second problem - please open files *.mws in notepad and check whether the line:
Bitmaps=C:\MenuWOW\Sample\Sample.bmp
is corresponding with a bitmap real location on your machine.
If it is not - just change it manually.