MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

ToolTips

Started by CObject, July 29, 2005, 08:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CObject

Hi, all

I put the ToolTips in an owner draw button. Unfortunately I cannot show the code, but here arise a problem with ToolTips.
When the App is started there is ToolTips on the button and all is fine, but when I press the button the ToolTips no more appears.
The same problem occurs when the mouse cursor is over the button and a ToolTips showing time elapsed.

What could be wrong ?

CObject

Hi

Well, the problem come from xptheme.xml file in the project. But, I still don't know what exactly is wrong in the code :(
When I stop using xp-theme ( manifest ) in resource file, everything is fine.

Very strange ?!!?

[attachment deleted by admin]

PBrennick

CObject,
This seems to be an unusual problem as you seem to have initialized the Common Controls properly.  I think I would divide the problem in half by removing all the radasm stuff and assembling it from a batch file to establish if it is a RADASM problem or an XP problem.  My guess is it is an XP problem.  I will also play with it.  If it is an XP problem then it means that something is missing from the XML file.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

CObject

Hi Paul

I have no time to digging deep into the problem. My real project works with owner-draw buttons and I just remove .xml file to resolve this problem. But I keep this in my mind for latter on. Please let me know if you find something

CObject

Biterider

Hi CObject
I have the same problem. When I compile without the XP manifest, the tooltips work right!  :eek

Biterider