News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

RichEdit in DlgTemplate

Started by orbb, May 30, 2008, 09:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orbb

Hi , i m question : can`t create RichEdit control in Resource File , it`s not working after compilation ?

MichaelW

To use a Rich Edit control your app must first call LoadLibrary to load the appropriate DLL - RICHED32.DLL for version 1,  RICHED20.DLL for version 2 or 3, and I don't know the DLL names for the later versions. You could, or perhaps should, check the return value from the LoadLibary function to verify that the DLL was loaded.

eschew obfuscation

PBrennick

We could help if we could see the code. Whether it is created in the resource file or in the assembly sources. As Michael said, there are some necessary steps, but it is not very difficult at all. Please read Iczelion's tutorials on the subject, also.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

orbb

no no , i m using resource file for dlgtemplate . example is missing !

PBrennick

What example is missing? I have a huge library so if it is an example released into the public domain, chances are I have it and can post it here.

You realize we are only trying to help but your words are very confusing to me.
Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

Vortex

orbb,

Here is for you a dialog box example created with resource template extracted from .res file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

orbb

of , sorry for my bad english , my application creates in resource file , for it i need richedit in resource file , if create richedit in resource file , application terminates with error . for example download TstDlg2

orbb

Here uploaded my application , i m working to replace Edit control with RichEdit . My application reserach (random find) secred key for 2 users for secret protected comunication ,and no need pass before  ACQUAINTANCE . New pass shooting by 2 random generators for 2 users he concurrence random numbers . This is a my idea before 3-4 years , and im start it realise. application is 90% created , need finish litle details for end.

ragdog

hi

i hope your mean this .
this is a small RichEdit  control example

greets

orbb

Thank you ragdog ,this is working !