News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Registry Browser

Started by donkey, July 12, 2005, 05:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

My current project requires that the user choose registry keys and since I like GUI applications I decided to use RegEdit as a template for the selection. I chose RegEdit because most "power users" are already familiar with it.

The attached file has the source and executable. As with all my published source you are free to use it however you like, even in commercial applications. I would ask (though do not require) that it is not used in software released under the GPL or any license issued by the Free Software Foundation Free means Freedom

The module is no where near complete and has not been debugged yet but I thought I would post it to get ideas and bug reports as it is complicated to test completely.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Mark Jones

MemProof likes it, nice job. :bg
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

zooba

I like it  :U Much faster than regedit too; will it be as/more functional? Or alternatively can someone use this as a base to build a complete editor?

donkey

Quote from: zooba on July 13, 2005, 12:34:03 AM
I like it  :U Much faster than regedit too; will it be as/more functional? Or alternatively can someone use this as a base to build a complete editor?

You can use it as you please, there are no restrictions on my code. My version will only allow you to select a value name but it is expandable to do what ever you like.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

I have added the treeview buttons for f0dder, though you must select an item before they will appear, a fair compromise I guess that did not require changing any code :)

I have also added images to the listview to indicate the type of data
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

zooba

Yes. I notice the speed difference is because Regedit enumerates all Keys when you expand rather than click on.

Also, I've noticed that if a key is empty a "Default: (Value Not Set)" appears which is good. However, if there are any values in there and the default is not set, it doesn't appear. Is this the intended behavior? (I haven't looked through the code yet) It seems inconsistent to me, not necessarily with regedit but with other keys in the tree.

donkey

I was not particularly interested in the "Value not set" keys. They are simply NULL entries in the table and do not actually enumerate so I put them in if there were no keys present but ignored them if there were. They can be included simply enough but for my purpose I didn't need them.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable