MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

2 quick questions

Started by brixton, June 04, 2005, 11:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbrennick

You guys are funny...

brixton,
What format is the input file supposed to have?  My email server is an ESMTP server and none of the following lines is liked by the program...

http://www.verizon.net
outgoing.verizon.net
incoming.verizon.net

It is looking for ESMTP servers?

Paul

brixton

pbrennick,

The log file contains a list of ESMTP servers, but I need IPs of servers with a particular version (specifically 5.0.2195, you can see me testing for these consecutive ascii codes in the source).

Basically, the program looks for a valid IP address (4 octets, with up to 3 numbers in each, and 3 periods between them), and then goes on to search for the 5.0.2195.  If however it reaches the hyphon seperators (more than one though, as some responses contain a time with a hyphon in eg. -5 GMT), it resets all buffers and looks for the next IP.

Small sample of log file it needs to be fed is as follows.  The 2nd IP is valid, as it has 5.0.2195 in a string after the IP but before the hyphon separators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Responded in 32 ms.
12 hops away
Responds with ICMP unreachable: No
TCP ports: 25

TCP 25:
[220 smtp.etna-etudiants.fr ESMTP]

Responded in 328 ms.
15 hops away
Responds with ICMP unreachable: No
TCP ports: 25

TCP 25:
[220 homepageserver Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.6713 ready at Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:18:43 +0800]

If you love somebody, set them free.
If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were..

P1

Seeing there is an Exploit against SMTP on Win2K OSes, of the version 5.0.2195.

I am locking this thread until we get a good explaination as to why this is important to you.  Please PM myself or any other Moderator with your reasons.

This is the VERY reason, I do not publish a standard connection string from our E-mail Server.

Regards,  P1  :8)

P1

I got a PM and replied.  And the basic answer was "doing it for a friend".  Please read the rules.  And please do some Googling before you just jump into a project or ask a question, that could land you in prison.

Have your friend get his own account and we can roast them for dinner tomorrow.   :lol

So, it stays locked.

Regards,  P1  :8)