News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

KMDKIT help :(

Started by liblester, April 08, 2012, 02:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liblester

hello, i have a question regarding the kmdkit by four-f . i have been trying to learn driver development with masm32 ive finished reading some of the examples and when i get to the build part of the driver and i come to start it using sc.exe create then start it does not work, does anyone know what im doing wrong or what im missing ?

im trying to play around with beeper example from the tutorial i try to register it using sc.exe create and then use net start beeper or sc start beeper , it doesnt load and throws me an error code.

dedndave

what command lines are you using to build it ?

P1

Welcome liblester !!!

The place where, if your are to get intimate with "her", you need to know "her" likes and dislikes first.  Some of us know "her" better than others.  Some of us know "her" in parts and not the whole.
Quote from: liblester on April 08, 2012, 02:39:17 AMim trying to play around with beeper example from the tutorial i try to register it using sc.exe create and then use net start beeper or sc start beeper , it doesnt load and throws me an error code.
Well, it would help to know "her" age and "she" born at, where "she" has been schooled at.   i.e Some facts about what hardware and with what OS you are developing on.

Welcome again to Getting to know "her".

Regards,  P1   :8)

shlomok

Initially I tried loading the 32 sys driver on a 64 bit machine. Might this be your problem?

In addition, download KmdManager.exe and try loading the sys and inspect errors using DebugView.exe which is able to trap ring 0 messages so there is no need for kernel mode debugger.

:) 

qWord

on a 64Bit machine, you can only load 64Bit drivers and this only possible if your driver is signed or signature-checking is disables on your system.
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

shlomok

Attached a debug session with KMDs' timer example on a 32 bit machine.