MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Do we have WinGetClass in MASM ?

Started by hfheatherfox07, April 11, 2012, 10:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfheatherfox07

Quote from: qWord on April 16, 2012, 11:34:27 PM
From what window do you want to get the information?
Reading your post, it is not clear what you are exactly trying to do - that's make it difficult to help.

First off let me start by thanking you ...you have helped me a lot so I always appropriate your time and this forum ...... :U

I wish to open any window and be able to to that .... I have added some silly "tragetwindows" in my attachments ......
For example notepad.exe..... I made 2 of the test in my attachment with ofn so Ian open any window ....

I was just going between this and the CRC project that I got trying to open any file and get crc32 for it

qWord

Quote from: hfheatherfox07 on April 16, 2012, 11:39:47 PMI wish to open any window and be able to to that .... I have added some silly "tragetwindows" in my attachments ......
For example notepad.exe..... I made 2 of the test in my attachment with ofn so Ian open any window ....
so you want to create a process and then get the information (handle, calssname, ...) of the main-window or dialog?
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

hfheatherfox07

Quote from: qWord on April 16, 2012, 11:49:27 PM
Quote from: hfheatherfox07 on April 16, 2012, 11:39:47 PMI wish to open any window and be able to to that .... I have added some silly "tragetwindows" in my attachments ......
so you want to create a process and then get the information (handle, calssname, ...) of the main-window or dialog?

Yes I guess

qWord

what ever the sense, the attached example use ShellExecuteEx to 'open' a file and then search for a TLW.
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

hfheatherfox07

Quote from: qWord on April 17, 2012, 01:17:51 AM
what ever the sense, the attached example use ShellExecuteEx to 'open' a file and then search for a TLW.

Thank you! :bg

... I wonder if you can set mov se.nShow,SW_SHOWNORMAL to  not show the window ...
I will mess with  this when I get home tonight

Thank you again !
I can't call my self a programer yet until I can do what you and others can ... took you no time ...and I struggled with this