MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Microsoft and Apple should be ashamed!

Started by Bill Cravener, January 12, 2012, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Quote from: rags on January 16, 2012, 02:08:25 PM
I do not know how you continue to operate in such a specialized area of business, given the limited customer base.

What specialized area are you speaking of rags. My talents are many among them are programming be it asm, html, css, javascript and cad-cam-cnc. A trade taught to me by my father upholstery which includes the building of new upholstered furniture, re-upholstering of old furniture such as antiques on up to modern furniture and of course my involvement with Knievel Cycles designing and building motorcycle seats.

As to SS and Medicare unlike you I must pay 100% of it where as someone employed generally pays but half. My health care now costs me $1100 a month, and my life insurance also continues to rise as I get older. I receive no paid holidays or paid leave of any sort period. Hell I could teach a dog to be a paper carrier. What a waste of taxpayer monies! Death to the USPS!

"The USPS has stayed afloat by borrowing $12 billion from the U.S. Treasury. This year it will reach its statutory debt limit. After that, insolvency looms."

http://www.nationalreview.com/agenda/268608/what-does-looming-collapse-us-postal-service-tell-us-reihan-salam

"The federal government will then have to choose between letting the agency default on its massive pension obligations or bailing it out to the tune of more than $50 billion."

http://www.businessinsider.com/things-you-should-know-about-the-us-postal-service-before-it-goes-bankrupt-2011-5?op=1
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

rags

I was referring to the making of saddles for motorcycles. I was unaware of the upholstery in general aspect business, which by the way are hard to find in this part of the state . i guess around here,
it is far cheaper to just toss the furniture on the garbage truck and to buy new, than to have it redone.
And I am aware of your programming skills.
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

Bill Cravener

I do quite well and unlike the USPS I do not have to suck off the taxpayer's tit.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

donkey

Quote from: Bill Cravener on January 16, 2012, 03:02:04 PMMy health care now costs me $1100 a month, and my life insurance also continues to rise as I get older.

Holy crap Bill, but I guess this horse has been beat to death and sanity lost. Well, private jets and millions paid to buy votes in congress cost money, and they need to steal that somewhere or their profits might suffer. If that happens they may not be able to buy enough votes to keep the people out of the decision process then who knows what might happen some of these poor insurance companies are already only billions away of bankruptcy...

Your monthly cost is nearly 3 times the cost of universal health care up here, add to that my supplementary insurance at $30/month (covers everything including travel/dental/vision/drugs etc..) and my total cost (including what my taxes pay) is around $350 a month.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Bill Cravener

Hi Edgar, yep the older you get the more they steal. I know its hard to believe but unlike a bigger business where there is a group policy a single self-employed person gets no break. I'm about to the point I can no longer afford paying it. My only other option is to convert to a high deductible around $6000 to $8000 to get them to lower the monthly fee. I've got 4 more years to hang on then I am eligible for Medicare. I can only hope I can survive without a serious illness until then. This country's health care for profit is totally phuked up!!
My MASM32 Examples.

NPNW

Bill they could reduce your taxes if they didn't give all the tax breaks to the corporations. Probably afford to give you free health care, and a decent retirement.
I agree they should get rid of subsidies.... lets start at the top with the billionaires first. Increase their taxes like Eisenhower did.

Bill Cravener

Quote from: NPNW on January 17, 2012, 12:15:07 PM
Bill they could reduce your taxes if they didn't give all the tax breaks to the corporations. Probably afford to give you free health care, and a decent retirement.
I agree they should get rid of subsidies.... lets start at the top with the billionaires first. Increase their taxes like Eisenhower did.

Amen brother!
My MASM32 Examples.

Bill Cravener

Watch this video and think about it the next time you buy an electronic product from China.  :tdown

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-16-2012/fear-factory
My MASM32 Examples.

oex

However the truth shall not be told to the world. Not even the US allies :lol

We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

donkey

Quote from: oex on January 18, 2012, 12:38:56 PM
However the truth shall not be told to the world. Not even the US allies :lol

You might be able to watch it from Canada:

The Daily Show - Fear Factory
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

sinsi

>You might be able to watch it from Canada
Not from Australia via your link, I see the 15 second ad then "Sorry, there was an error".
The original link just says "Unavailable Video", like oex.

So many videos are like that, it's bloody annoying to sit through an ad (sometimes 1:30) then a slap in the face.
It can only get worse with SOPA  :(
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

oex

Yes with me also advert then an error...

The walled garden mentality has it's merits, I cant deny this.... Certainly it promotes diversity and retains cultural growth....

Welcome the death of originality with the enlightenment of the human race or face complex legislation :lol
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

Bill Cravener

I guess its a lie when its called the world-wide-web. :(

Its a great video. Might try searching "Stewart fear factory".
My MASM32 Examples.

donkey

Having been able to watch the video and also having watched that particular episode of The Daily Show (I rarely miss them), I think Foxconn has more of a definition problem than a labour problem. If it could get the government of China to redesignate its workers as Genetically Organized Robotic Technology (GORT) it would solve the problem of them treating "humans" as "robots". That way when the ungrateful bastards actually want a ten minute break after 30 hours their foreman can just "turn them off" with a bullet shaped "switch" through their CPU containment module.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Bill Cravener

Is it any wonder that American Corporations report record profits? The greed of American capitalism. :tdown
My MASM32 Examples.