MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

masm32 V11

Started by shankle, January 12, 2012, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcfuller

Hutch,
  That was my choice for many years but Lucida Console has won me over.

James

Bill Cravener

Quote from: jj2007 on January 13, 2012, 09:24:37 PM
Notepad, seriously?  ::)

Yep, seriously.

Notepad has all the options an old hardcore programmer like me needs, that being find and replace. I don't like silly colors, auto indent or any of the fancy nonsense other editors have. I maintain source code files of over 7000 lines using notepad and also do all my html, css and javascript programming using notepad. Fancy editors are for sissies. :bg

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

i have started to use NotePad++
it seems to be quite nice - feature-rich
syntax hilighting takes a little getting-used-to, but you could turn it off
i used NotePad, like Bill, but i wanted line-numbers   :P

jj2007

Quote from: dedndave on January 14, 2012, 11:15:18 AM
i have started to use NotePad++
it seems to be quite nice - feature-rich
syntax hilighting takes a little getting-used-to, but you could turn it off
i used NotePad, like Bill, but i wanted line-numbers   :P

Even my old 1986 word processor had one feature that I insist to have: a listbox showing me the 25 occurences of hEdit. Plus bookmarks that show me what they are:

Call me a sissy but that's the absolute minimum for code beyond, say, 1000 lines :bg

Bill Cravener

I don't think anyone's a sissy Jochen for using any other editor, I was just being silly. Its just that I'm so use to using the simple text editors of the old days of DOS for asm and cnc programming for so many years that an editor like notepad is the only one I feel comfortable with. There is a great deal of truth to the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat