MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

am interesting topic

Started by carlos, January 03, 2012, 04:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlos

Happy new year to all

According to mainstream media, this is the last year the world will live because the clocks in our computers will stop at December 22, (just like 12 years ago, the world will end in January 01 2000, according to some obscure Mayan prophesy. or it was backward? I don't know, it seems the same mumbo jumbo to me).

But while we are occupied paying attention to the media Chiken Little who yell "the sky is falling" every time they are bored, or had no real (and important)  news to transmit, the scorpions are quietly sneaking in our pants, ready to sting us the first time we move.

http://www.osnews.com/story/25469/Richard_Stallman_Was_Right_All_Along

Comments anyone?

Carlos
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

vanjast

Have the Mayans ever predicted anything that has happened - This is what I ask my kids

Secondly - Is the Mayan calendar correlated correctly to ours
Thirdly - Somebody is making money out of this.

I won't lose any sleep over it
:bg

donkey

Well, I have a Calendar on my desk that ends on Dec 31, 2012. Does that mean that the world will end at midnight on that day ? I guess according to the people who follow that sort of stuff and the makers of blockbuster thrillers that are infested with religious dogma then yes, according to the calendar on my desk the world is ending at midnight on Dec 31. The Mayan calendar is a cyclical mythological calendar, its current "Long Count" ends on Dec 21st, then it begins another cycle in the same way as my calendar begins a new one every Jan 1st.

And as an aside there is no Mayan prophesy or any record ever found that predicts that the world will end at the completion of the current Long Count, doomsday guys made that one up. It was probably supposed to be a great feast day though, maybe sacrifice a few thousand people and roast an Alpaca or two.

As for the article, only the techno-centric west is represented, the majority of people on this planet have no access to the types of technology that are talked about and so the premise is wrong, just another case of us thinking we are the center of the universe. The reality is that only about 30% of the world has access to the internet. Even allowing for the premise, information is not in itself dangerous, only the use and application of that information. Yes, the US has taken some massive steps backward in personal freedom in the last decade, but much of the world has taken steps forward. Hopefully, the people in the US will stand up one day shout "enough is enough" and demand that the government return the freedoms many have fought and died to establish. As for Stallman, I have no comment other than to say that I find him distasteful.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

anunitu

It really dosen't help that History channel is running a lot of this type of end of the world programs,if it isn't the Mayan calendar,its Nostradamus predictions. No wonder people are freaked from all the hype.

donkey

Quote from: anunitu on January 03, 2012, 05:44:05 PM
It really dosen't help that History channel is running a lot of this type of end of the world programs,if it isn't the Mayan calendar,its Nostradamus predictions. No wonder people are freaked from all the hype.

I haven't watched the history channel for a while, have they ended their 16 year continuous run of "Nazi Week" ?
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

anunitu

Now its stuff about "Pawn brokers" or other reality stuff,cheap to make and sometimes thats all they show for a full day.

Bill Cravener

I remember all the hoopla and disaster we would face when 2000 was approaching and back then anyone with a brain knew it was bullshit.

As to the reference of the NDAA in the link. "While President Obama issued a signing statement saying he had 'serious reservations' about the provisions, the statement only applies to how his administration would use the authorities granted by the NDAA,"

In other words if my country elects a Republican President and its looking as if the Repugs could take the Senate and have full control of both houses, even if you are an American and you look like a terrorist you may just disappear.

Yep, America is full of pussies and we are going totally mad with fear of the bogyman!

By the way Carlos I believe you are a Mexican citizen if I'm not mistaken. What happens to someone there if the government believes you are a threat?
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

donkey

Quote from: Bill Cravener on January 03, 2012, 05:52:25 PM
I remember all the hoopla and disaster we would face when 2000 was approaching and back then anyone with a brain knew it was bullshit.

As to the reference of the NDAA in the link. "While President Obama issued a signing statement saying he had 'serious reservations' about the provisions, the statement only applies to how his administration would use the authorities granted by the NDAA,"

In other words if my country elects a Republican President and its looking as if the Repugs could take the Senate and have full control of both houses, even if you are an American and you look like a terrorist you may just disappear.

Yep, America is full of pussies and we are going totally mad with fear of the bogyman!

By the way Carlos I believe you are a Mexican citizen if I'm not mistaken. What happens to someone there if the government believes you are a threat?

New GOP Strategy Involves Reelecting Obama

QuoteAccording to GOP sources, the decision to cede the 2012 election to Obama came after rank-and-file Republicans agreed that grinding the president down to nothing and pushing him to the brink of insanity was far more in line with the Republican Party's core principles than actually controlling the White House, making laws, or governing the country.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Vortex

QuoteFreedom in the future will require us to have the capacity to monitor our devices and set meaningful policy on them, to examine and terminate the processes that run on them, to maintain them as honest servants to our will, and not as traitors and spies working for criminals, thugs, and control freaks

...and after they will advise you to install Firefox from command-line and fight all the arising problems.  Probably, that's a part of their supposed freedom vision.

anunitu

Gotta love the onion for a first class Spoof of the political as well as all their other crazy stuff.

Ghostly

Well doomsday predictions will never go out of style it seems. On the other hand we don't need any Mayan calendar to tell us the world is going to shit. The true religion these days is that of pure greed, it used to be something bad (heck, even a mortal sin) but these days not only is no longer frowned upon, it's celebrated. You are supposed to try and take as MUCH as you can, not what you need. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Social safety nets paid by our taxes are being hollowed out, yet the taxes don't go down, instead they are used to finance tax cuts for the wealthy. Unregulated markets leading to monopolies and cartels, not to mention insane speculation again spurred by utter greed and when it fails, taxpayer money is used to not only save the institutions themselves but also to provide these greedy bastards with their bonuses. The US is fully corporate owned, and it's like they are no longer even trying to hide it.

Quote from: Vortex on January 03, 2012, 07:16:41 PM
...and after they will advise you to install Firefox from command-line and fight all the arising problems.  Probably, that's a part of their supposed freedom vision.
?

carlos

The thing I found interesting in the article is how USA government is eroding bit by bit the freedom of their people using the scare of "terrorist", now is "legal" to arrest and detain people whitout court order and due proses.

Quote from: Bill Cravener on January 03, 2012, 05:52:25 PM

yep Bill, I'm Mexican and here, if the powers that be think you are a treat, you just disappear ( and if you are lucky, reapear in a unmarked grave) the sad truth is, many Mexicans view USA as a shelter from gov wrath (this had noting to do with illegal immigration, this is another (thorny) issue) now we may have to flee to Canada, Europe or Australia. If thing go bad in USA can you imagine how things will be HERE?

Carlos
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

clive

Quote from: donkeyI haven't watched the history channel for a while, have they ended their 16 year continuous run of "Nazi Week" ?

Now we have Ancient Aliens, with this dude

His hair brought to you by Chaos Theory Hair Products.
It could be a random act of randomness. Those happen a lot as well.

Vortex

Ghostly,

Some people talking about "Freedom" are supporting Linux. That was the point

jj2007

Quote from: donkey on January 03, 2012, 06:08:51 PM
New GOP Strategy Involves Reelecting Obama

QuoteAccording to GOP sources, the decision to cede the 2012 election to Obama came after rank-and-file Republicans agreed that grinding the president down to nothing and pushing him to the brink of insanity was far more in line with the Republican Party's core principles than actually controlling the White House, making laws, or governing the country.

Edgar,

At first I couldn't believe it, but now John McCain has confirmed that they want to keep Obama  :dazzled: