MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

making it writable

Started by bcddd214, December 22, 2011, 08:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcddd214

Wow, none of this works for me. I am in a dos window on vista
clicking in the upper right hand corner does not release the screen and neither does any buttons for me??

bcddd214

I figure out how to release it, I will need to clean that up.

really the last thing is to put the cursor in the correct place and make it so when I type something it shows up on the blue screen. We have tried a a few things but can't seem to get this one last piece working?

MichaelW

That's the upper left-hand corner, or character coordinate 0,0. I'm running Windows 2000 and I think Dave is running Windows XP MCE. Your problem may be Vista, is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
eschew obfuscation

bcddd214

bcddd214

How could I make a simple click to break and not worry about keyboard breaking the loop, only click of mouse?
I think one instruction would be best...

MichaelW

You can simplify the mouse code to just check the left button status. If you will be running under Windows you can also eliminate the check for a mouse driver and the reset of the mouse driver so the code could be as simple as:

@@:
    mov ax, 3
    int 33h
    test bx, 1
    jz  @B

If the program is running in a window, and the window has the input focus, to exit from the loop you just press the left mouse button with the mouse cursor anywhere over the client area of the window. If the program is running full-screen, then you just press the left mouse button with the mouse cursor anywhere.
eschew obfuscation

bcddd214

Wait, are you saying I can remove the entire mouse driver and switch it with those couple of lines? I love simple....

bcddd214

I switched the driver out but no click action happens?

http://pastebin.com/ndFHjrsu

bcddd214

it does work, but I still have to fight it???

bcddd214

I am still trying to figure out how to get text on the screen too....  ?   :(

bcddd214

I just downgraded. I have one last task to complete.
Right now when I type, nothing happens in my blue window, what did I miss?
http://pastebin.com/CHtBj0Rw