News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Iczelion's Tutorial 35

Started by Robert Collins, December 27, 2004, 06:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

Quote from: farrierI did steal from donkey!  I used the code he shared with us a while ago which loads the appropriate version of Winspool .drv or .dll  Depending on the version of Windows being used.  Thanks donkey!

No problem with that and you're very welcome to "steal" my demo stuff as often as you like  :U That is after all the reason I post it.

I should note that we all use a snippet here and there that we find interesting and in some modified form it finds it's way into our "base code'. That is the norm for people like us who freely exchange ideas and code in order to enhance the community and improve our skills. A side effect of this is that we may find that two independant peices of code are very similar in style or even naming conventions, this is something to be proud of, it means that alot of our hard work in disseminating this information is not going to waste. Rather it is building a useful code library that we can all use, improve on and contribute to. It makes me proud to see a little bit of my code in the source of others, it means that I have given a little back to the community has given me so much.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

Guys,

Can we leave this crap behind, this is a technical help forum, not a copyright protection or tracing agency. There are two things here, the design for printing code originates from Microsoft who publish the API calls so its not a simple matter of someone creating it and other copying it, its a matter of using the SAME reference material to do the same task so it does end up similar very often.

The other is of course that when someone contributes a good working piece of code, many will use it and thats why it IS contributed in the first place. If it was secret copyright code, it would not have been published in the first place.

The general drift is if you have something useful and you want to share it around, feel free to do so as it helps many other people.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

farrier

Attached is an update version, showing changes of fonts and sizes of type.  Again, this is not a editor, and no changes are supported in the RichEdit control.  Just a demo of how to construct an RTF file and how to print it withour user intervention.

To see what is done, open the masm32rtf.rtf file in NotePad and the RTF code is displayed.

farrier

[attachment deleted by admin]
It is a GOOD day to code!
Some assembly required!
ASM me!
With every mistake, we must surely be learning. (George...Bush)