News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Show free Ram on a tiny title bar example.

Started by Bill Cravener, February 27, 2012, 03:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Here is a simple Masm32 example that sits at the center-top of your screen which displays your available free RAM. This little tool is always on top so it can be seen at all times. Shows you how to round a region, how to create a dragable windowless title bar and how to retrieve and display your systems available free RAM using a timer. I've tested it on both Win 7 and XP.

http://www.quickersoft.com/examples/FreeMem.zip

Or it can be downloaded from my site link below.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

very cool little box   :U
i can use that to test my code, too   :P

Bill Cravener

Hi Dave, I had a somewhat boring Sunday so I had me some alcohol then started playing around with coding and that little FreeMem utility is what happened. I really don't remember doing it but today I checked it over and it looks OK so I decided to post it for others to play with. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

QuoteI really don't remember doing it...

i hate it when i do that - lol
it must be a sign that you are a true nerd   :U

xandaz

jj2007

Bill Cravener

Thanks guys, it's not a bad effort considering I was in a drunken state. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

FORTRANS

Hi,

Works with Windows 2000.  Nice one.  Windows 98 did
not like it.

Thanks,

Steve N.

Force

Never Stop Until You Are Better Than The Best

donkey

Hi Bill,

Nice tool. FYI there is a great little function in the SHLWAPI library that will do the bytes to KB/MB/GB/TB conversion for you.

StrFormatByteSize64

Takes the headache out of doing all the conversions. (note that though the docs don't say it it does do TB conversions)

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Bill Cravener

Thanks Edgar, that's yet another of the many I have yet to discover. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.